1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Waived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Instead of of another play making guard I think this failed experiment proves Harden needs 3 and D guys at nearly every other position on the floor in order for this team to truly be successful.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I've wondered this kind of thing too.

Because he just didn't look the same out there at all. Even when Harden wasn't on the court.

It looked like he wasn't even trying out there to do anything. He was just running around a little bit. Wasn't really doing anything with the ball.

Not like him at all.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JB Bickerstaff's thoughts on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> reaching buyout with <a href="https://twitter.com/TyLawson3">@TyLawson3</a> <a href="https://t.co/PuSa9lTv4u">pic.twitter.com/PuSa9lTv4u</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/704760594944012288">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. lalala902102001

You have to remember that Harden is the one who asked for guard help. It turns out that he can't co-exist with another ball-dominating guard.

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Meh. We tried and failed. No big deal. Moving on.

6. malakas

malakas Member

well that's that. The Lawson era is officially over. If you have told me 6 months ago that it would end up like this I would think you were crazy. Unreal.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Vin Baker part II

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

A Dragic-Harden backcourt would work but that overpaid contract...

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would have rather Rockets just force Lawson in the starting lineup until it worked. The rockets are terrible what else could they lose?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't fault the Rockets at all for making the Ty Lawson trade. It was a great gamble with high upside. It failed miserably unfortunately.

It is still stunning to me how much of his game dropped off. And how tentative he was. Just looked "detached" and "lost." He was a ghost.

It was more than just bad coaching or being a "fit" with Harden. A lot of this was just Lawson, himself.

Also remember, Lawson was always "plan B." "Plan A" was to bring over Sergio Llull. And I still think the Rockets will explore this, this offseason.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

The Denver Nuggets have acquired Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a protected 2016 first round pick and cash considerations from Houston in exchange for Ty Lawson and a 2017 second round pick.

Well played Morey

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Depends on if we make the playoffs or not. If we don't, then we took a swing and only gave up a 2nd round pick (what it converts to if we don't convey a 1st this season).

13. chandlerbang21

Rockets Suck move on. Thornton and Lawson gone and DMO was on his way out the door. No need to move TY when his salary is nonguaranteed for next season. The open roster spot is worthless

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What we need is a player that can create his own shot not create for others because we lack play making outside of James.

Lawson creates for others and dominates the ball accordingly in order to be successful. James harden needs to dominate the ball in order to be the special talent he is, so someone who dominates the ball isn't effective next to harden.

It was a smart and cheap risk that didn't work out.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

No one blames the trade. Morey needs to be blamed for not hiring a real coach. These puppets of his were supposed to glue this dysfunctional team and they failed miserably

16. malakas

malakas Member

absolutely.
    If you stop a second and think about it..how good he was, and how high our expectations were, it's absolutely stunning the way things have turned out.
    And its on himself first and foremost. He was the one being dreadful and doing absolutely nothing. Fit may not have helped, but bad fit it's not enough to explain this drop off. It's on the player.

And I don't believe for a second it's because he quit alcohol. There were numerous snapchats posted in this forum showing him and Jones at parties looking wasted with drinks all around them.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No question that Rockets management has done a poor job adding coaching to this team. And I am not talking just head coach. Assistants too.

18. Houston288South

Harden...Is...The...Problem.

A GREAT player finds ways to utilize his teammates.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Totally dude

Even from the bench!

20. hakeemthagreat

No. They both needed to share the ball. But apparently Harden isn't gonna sacrifice his stats so they got rid of both creators MT & Ty. Harden has more ISO plays than the whole GS roster this year, so Ty had no chance