1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson suspended 3 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I understood what you were doing, but it's not really that much better, same strength of schedule besides the clips. Just pointing out that whoever thinks winning these games without Lawson means something are kidding themselves.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But it isn't the same strength of schedule. We played CHA prior to the 7-game losing streak, when they were still playing well. And IND is a legit playoff team too. Again, not trying to say it means anything. Hopefully it means when Lawson comes back, we are better.

3. Bumpy Genitalia

It seems we play better when Lawson is out anyways. Whenever he's in the game it seems the offense gets stagnated.

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

It seems the exact opposite for me. Do you watch James Harden play..?

5. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Lawson looked really good before his suspension. Our offense was LESS stagnant when he was on the floor.

We won 3 in a row, 2 against depleted Jazz team, one requires two comebacks (one in 4th, one in OT) to beat the Pacers.

We played better D with Harrell on the floor, as reflected in those two Jazz games. We went back to TJones, defense went bad again. It would have been a routine loss (down 12 with 6 minutes left) if it wasn't for Ariza's magic performance. Of course, our ball movement were good down the stretch, but small sample size still.

Lawson did not make our offense worse. He made it better.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

do you know what stagnated means?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5 - 0

too funny

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think I'm officially on board the "trade Lawson" bandwagon. This is too much to be a coincidence.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think part of the improved play since lawson/dmo have gone out is that players are now able to get in better rhythm without JB constantly shuffling 11 players in and out. guys definitely look more comfortable in their defined roles the past few games

10. count_dough-ku

It could also be that Lawson and D-Mo haven't really played well this season.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Do it. So we can see the exact same problems the rockets suffer from in the playoffs for years for all the people that think this actually means something

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Rockets want to have ANY chance at contending this season they will need to integrate Lawson. Before he went out, he was dine. He was playing well actually.

I know we don't have much chance, bad habits are hard to break and this team has a ton of them...... but if we do start winning more games and say play the Warriors and Spurs tight and look like a better team then hey...why not?

13. Lightsnowaction

Understood, but we will need Lawson to really be elite.

14. count_dough-ku

I'm not saying I don't want another playmaker on the roster. What I am saying is the only significant difference between the Rockets this season and last was the acquisition of Lawson. Is he the sole reason for all their problems? Of course not. But there's no denying how good their record is when he's either injured or suspended.

And BTW, a big reason we suffered in the playoffs last year was because we lost Bev in March. We had to go with Terry and Pepperoni. If Bev stays healthy, that makes a huge difference this year, especially if he keeps hitting 3's the way he has.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. JB was playing too many guys, injuries forced him to have a consistent rotation and it has allowed for some continuity.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

He was missing yes but Teams will still lock in on harden and take their chances and let guys like Beverley beat them. Can he keep this up over the course of a season and enough to beat a team 4 times each round. Hope so but We will see about that assuming Lawson doesn't work out. But for the record I still think he can work.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Rockets are 7-0 in games that Lawson was out.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know why you guys are drawing a blank on this. Lawson is an awful fit here and it kills the team.

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yep. Too bad we lost a first round pick and paying him $13 million dollars.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still time to see if Lawson can be integrated, though even if it doesn't work out, it was worth the risk and a trade you still take a chance on every time.