1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Suspended 2 Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

practice… Its only practice!

2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

4 Years probation from the LA case

3. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

This guy is a mess.

4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

now that he's not going to jail, maybe the mental block will be removed and he can be himself on the court again

5. malakas

malakas Member

woohoo no jail!!

:rolleyes:

If a normal person had so many duis would he go to jail?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He hasn't been sentenced, yet. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan 14th.

And he still faces suspension for the 2nd DUI in LA

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...d-two-games-following-drunken-driving-arrests

Lawson was suspended two games by the NBA based on his guilty plea in November for driving while impaired and a lane usage violation after leaving a party in Denver in January. He has a Jan. 14 sentencing hearing where he faces up to 180 days in jail.

Lawson could also be suspended by the league for another arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated that occurred in Los Angeles in July.

Since he was not convicted of the first one when he got the second one, LA will not consider the first one a prior DUI. The one in North Carolina was for a minor with .02 BAC, it wasn't a DUI.

#46 heypartner, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

He will be sentenced in January for the Colorado DUI. Might miss even more time if ordered to jail.

Maybe we can get some nickels and dimes for him. Maybe even some quarters...

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I gotta believe this is weighing on him. It's no surprise he isn't all there. He needs to get his **** together and then try and regroup with the team.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hJ3FdnY7Sb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Should have been starting him the whole time. We still have no idea what we have with him. We cut the cord weeks ago when we decided to fire McHale and bring Lawson off the bench.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

One thing is certain. Unless he is going out of his way to ruin chemistry and start a rift in the locker room Morey is not going to trade him for nothing. Not at this low price.

I hope he gets it together, he needs to solve his personal problems before he can do anything on the court most likely.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He's untradeable for now.

12. MONON

MONON Member

I' thinking the same thing. He's not going to be able to contribute much on court until his off court legal issues are cleared up.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He was out partying last night, bottles in his section. Having a good time.

Not even kidding.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Last Night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Roc Paint

Life is too damn short! Let him have a good time… As long as he has a driver.

1 person likes this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yeah I agree! I am sure he did.

1 person likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Heck, even Lamar Odom was smart enough to have a driver his rookie season.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kinda stupid, though. His image needs rehabilitation in a big way. He's in a contract season. And he poses with Chunky Chains, getting their drink on?

"Judge, we ask for leniency...."

Not that judges ask their staff to go look at social media before making up their minds. Still, Lawson looks like he just doesn't care. A bit of a mess, and probably only worth an expiring contract now.

19. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

He came in caring and all pumped about this season. Our lack of preparation, discipline, off-season workouts, and professionalism all just threw him off.

I mean, he can't say much publicly. The littlest thing he did say about coach telling them to do this, and they do something else kind of hints at it.

He came in ready, pumped, and all about making the best of it. And it seems like people kind of out of their way to make things tougher.

I don't think it's fair to cash out on him. I don't see a better product out there for the most part with him. I'd say the reward is higher, as is the risk to start him back and see what he can do. We're really not winning, the way we're playing. I'm trying to find something or some reason, but why not?

20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets dont even give him a chance....3 minutes here...2 minutes here....best way for him to find his groove is to play him 25-30 minutes a game and live with the results, just to see if he still has it