1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson is a stopbag; Beverley should start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zxcvbn193, Nov 19, 2015.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's a difference between being a disappointing acquisition and straight up atomic bombing the team, like you seem to be suggesting.

He's not responsible for our poor start nor is he responsible for McHale's firing. Sure, he deserves part of the blame - part of the blame - but to suggest that he, alone, got us to this juncture is nonsense.

2. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

We need a lin-like character to channel all that negativity. Ty did a god job so far.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

maybe like a sandbag or clog in the sink :confused: lol

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Apparently Ty Lawson stepped in a bunch of Reality tv DRAMA already set to implode...he's just on the bus trying to help steer it into some normalcy so the team as unit can be productive on the court at this stage in my opinion

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ty has looked awful, but pat hasn't exactly looked much better himself

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh and not the best scenario for someone like Ty in the midst of his own drama he's trying to overcome. Seems like a "Rockets 12 step program" for all reasons one can think of currently going on

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

The Dream Shake @DreamShakeSBN
    Bickerstaff: Motiejunas Will Return "Sometime in December"

9. awc713

awc713 Member

I was prepping for a terrible thread, but this may be the best intro sentence I've seen on this site.

10. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Bickerstaff shouldn't be as a head coach for long, that's a fact if the Rockets are planning to pursuit anything this season.

Also as someone stated about the plays the Rox should use, Bick was here long ago and they had that time in the pre-season. Yes, Ty is not the only one to blame, but even staff understands that Jason Terry is a better pg than Lawson, then mark my word we have a problem.

I bet my money that if we would sign Nate Robinson he would contribute more than Ty for this team for vet minimum.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I too play non professional basketball. Always good to meet another. Ignore the haters, OP. They don't have our experience.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrible move to bench him. We can't win a championship without him playing starter minutes. Unimpressed by the Rockets coaching staff.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well looks like he might face some jail time

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I see it like this, the team is in a funk so I won't single out anybody until we get out of it.

Right now there is 5 core players shooting below 40%, the rotations are constantly changing and we aren't winning.

Harden
    Ariza
    Lawson
    Beverley
    Brewer

I'll wait until at least 3 or 4 of these players raise their FG% to above 40% before i start singling out one of 2 players for playing bad.

If we fast forward 10 games, we start winning again, 4 of those players get their FG%'s back and Lawson is still single handedly playing like **** then we can worry IMO.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I too, play non professionall basketball at the local gym. I too know a thing or two about this sport. I score touchdowns and hit homeruns all the time. I am legend.

16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Did laugh when you said you play non professional basketball and know a" thing or two"

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Damn I didn't think there was this many other non pro ball players here. Cool

18. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

It's actually sad that we have to choose between Lawson and Jason Terry who is better for starting pg. They are both equally bad, funny thing is: one is a very old vet and other guy should be in his prime.

19. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

1) professional
    2) James Harden is not fat, he's just lazy on defense, because he clearly has the tools to be better.
    3) Lawson IS overweight, he looks like old Kyle Lowry and could use dropping few lb's.
    4) Beverley type of player is best suited for the Rockets when playing next to Harden. Because Harden haven't played good defense and I wouldn't want to risk the whole season hoping he will, Lawson is no better if not worst. So what you get with your backcourt playing no defense at all? Early foul troubles for big's. DMO and DH, TJones can stay out of foul trouble, but that will lead to opposition scoring on and on and that's why you loose games.

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I played basketball once. It was weird and sweaty.