1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson 'excited' to play for Kevin McHale, with James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 1, 2015.

1. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

I think Ty Lawson will help James and Dwights relationship a lot. Dwight is going to get the biggest benefit of having Lawson here.

1 person likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This doesn't bod well for Beverly as a starter and Lawson coming off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That was never going to happen.

Lawson is on a completely different level than bev.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lawson off the bench - that's comical.

Bev is coming off the bench where less skilled and injury prone players deserve to be.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Glad to see that Lawson is going to treat this like a chance of a lifetime. Not only a chance to get his life and reputation back on tract but to also be a part of a championship caliber team. This team, on paper, has what it takes to go all the way. All they have to do is to realize this, sacrifice for each other and put it together on the court every night. It seems like Lawson is ready to commit.

On McHale; he is never going to be the master play caller but he can really bring a team with so many different personalities together and lead them together successfully. He is probably one of the best coaches in the league in that aspect of coaching. Apart from the obvious elite coaches, I can't think of a better coach for this team specifically than McHale.

1 person likes this.
  6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

wow.. what is the context of this lol

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he is underrated that is pretty good.... Could mean that he is better than the No.50 or 51 rank he is situated in

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Orbit is riding an ostrich and you can't see the beak/eyes because he has it turned towards him(Away from camera angle)

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

QFT his pick and roll % will be absurd and his O-Reb rates with dribble penetration. Ariza will be shooting wiiiide open. This is all good

10. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

McHale may not be a good X & O coach, but he should be quite good for a guy like Lawson.

Unless he starts going on about how he played with a broken leg, so you should be able to stop drinking and partying.

But I don't think it'll get to that. Typically McHale is harder on the rookies but goes easier on the star players or veterans.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I loved this article. As HP said I especially loved the bit about him wanting to come here, not just because it means we're an attractive destination but because he in particular wanted to be here -- that he watched our team and saw himself fitting in and helping. That means a lot. This team can go all the way. I can't wait for the season to start.

1 person likes this.
  12. OpenLayup-Why3?

Ty and his 6 month pregnant gf were arested back in the day for destroying each others phones, also for violence towards each other.
    [​IMG]

13. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I don't see how this could be a ostrich... Lol
    Even if it had eyes.... This has to be photoshoped or something.....

14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

& what exactly is ur point in posting this B.S.???

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

That Rockets star players have bad taste in women. Really bad.

16. bmd

bmd Member

The ostrich has its head turned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Correct a TRUE point guard with elite penetration skills (maybe a poor choice thanks to Orbit working over the ostrich) will make everyone's game easier. I look for Harden to raise his FG% by a decent percentage too. All the spot up shooters are going to get the ball quickly once the defense collapses. Inside guys will get lots of easy dunks.

18. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

Real funny.

19. bongman

bongman Member

Hmmm. I thought the Finals MVP was a bench player.

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Didn't they make him a starter in the finals?