1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Three times and nada.

2. dwhite

dwhite Member

I have never seen a player who plays so scared and with no emotion against a team who gave up on him for garbage. He was so spaced out tonight, I am not sure he even knew he was playing his old team. Very sad to see a talent such as his wasted by alchohol/drugs.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Well Harden did get help at guard......his name is Marcus Thornton....Who McHale didn't play in the first two games mind you.

4. mockster

mockster Member

Feel like lawson is being under used when he's playing well.

Terry was great don't get me wrong but anyone notice how well the ball movement was when lawson was in the game?.

Regardless Lawson made some good shots and plays. Came out with 8 points only missing one shot and 5 assist in 18 minutes.

Guy could be a phenom with 30 minutes Aslong as he's agressive like he was past few games

5. hakeemthagreat

I wanna see Ty & Thornton on the court together. Also what's the use of having a pg if Harden's gonna do the same thing he did last year. We mine as well trade Ty for a 2nd round pick

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The effect is kinda sorta...kicking in? We have a Ty Lawson pulse these last few games. Let's see where it goes.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm liking where this is going

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

Lawson made some shots last night that aren't easy to make but wouldn't be unexpected from the Lawson of the past. His ability to create and set up other players is really unique, and sometimes the creation may turn into a Jeremy Lin-remnant turnover, but I think the team has to provide him the opportunities, encouragement, and play-sets & proper positioning to continue both attempted scoring and creation.

9. onreego

onreego Member

That 2 guard pick has been getting him some good opportunities to create. Saw it with Harden and Terry. I thought we don't run plays. :p

10. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

He needs the green light on that mid range shot. And he need more time on the court. I'd rather see them let him play through some mistakes to try and figure things out. If the rockets can get him going by the playoffs, they'll be WAY more dangerous against the 3 big dogs in the west.

We know teams are gonna load their d on harden and that the refs are gonna call even less fouls on harden, and we need that 2nd creator.

11. seeingred

seeingred Member

yessir. right now, i'd rather see him go 3-10 from 2 than 0-2 from 3. every time he found himself open i found myself screaming for him to shoot (and he did). really hope this gives him confidence going forward. we need him to take the reigns with the second unit and run it his way.

our solid defense helped mask him a bit (granted it was against tony parker and patti mills). an extra perk to the entire team being engaged on D is that ty can stay in the game longer.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I feel like Ty was only half there mentally with the suspension looming and everything else with the court. Hopefully he can put all that behind him and we can see the Ty we were expecting to get when he came.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'd like to see him run the offense the whole time Harden is resting.

Maybe he did yesterday

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ty was one of my favorite players, I'd love for him to step it up and be the creator we need

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Derrick Rose is 81st out of 83 point guards in ESPN's Real Plus-Minus this season. Only Emmanuel Mudiay and Ty Lawson are worse.</p>&mdash; Andy Bailey (@AndrewDBailey) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/680892783977054208">December 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's looked a bit better the past few games, but until he and Harden can play together for stretches we will keep losing games.