1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 7, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Are you not reading this thread at all?

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Which means putting the ball into the hands of someone who is shooting at 31% and who jacks up midrage jumpers at 12%? And that 12% shooting is from a third of his shot attempts even though it's the Rockets system not to take those?

Opposing defenses would have an even easier time.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'd rather watch Lawson do something with the ball than see Harden dribble until there's less than ten seconds.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

That's like saying you'd rather watch the Rockets lose than have the ball in Harden's hands or have McHale stay on as coach.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lawson needs to be the point guard of our offense but the real issue is not just James being on the ball so much... the biggest issue is we really don't have a real offense. We are playing take your turn street ball and it's not working out for either player.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I feel like I'm reading a thread from the past. There are even a few "LawOFs" sprinkled in :rolleyes:

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No .... Harden needs to be the point guard , the other guard needs to be able to shoot a high percentage from 3 , defend and drive on occasion.

Anyone else initiating the offense is not getting the most out of your best player.

8. mockster

mockster Member

What's up with ty Lawson, he showed us in the thunder game how effective he can be. I know he just not straight up trash he just can't play like himself for whatever reason.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm ready for Lawson to start contributing.

10. Drogba

Drogba Member

Trade please. We need a PG that can shoot and play D. Ty can do neither. With and without Harden he's struggled badly so that excuse has flown straight out the window. I'd rather have Jeremy Lin.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nice switch moving Lawson to the bench.

His shot might be off because he's not handling the ball enough. Let him regain his rhythm and hopefully he and Harden can mesh better. Harden doesn't need to dominate the ball when they're playing together either.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't even get it. He isn't even doing the bare minimum when it comes to being a basketball player: Pass, Shoot, Dribble.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i wonder who we can trade him for? trey burke, schroder, collison, bradley..

14. malakas

malakas Member

calderon nick young and felton.

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

When you have a ball dominant, top 5 player of a SG, doesn't matter who the PG is, they're not going to put up big stats. I don't care if it's a D-Leaguer like Lin or a borderline all star like Lawson, no PG on this team will have good numbers.

What the Rockets obviously need is 3 and D from the PG position. A dude who can hit the open shot.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Go watch some highlights from Denver last year. Impossible to believed it's the same player. Why is he so...invisible?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Irrelevant player is irrelevant.

"Top 10" lawls

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Me too. He's been considerably worse than Lin. Would have been better to have kept Prigioni. Happy to hear Bickerstaff say Terry will be starting going forward. It's still early so hopefully Ty can improve.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Yea Lawson looks like he just picked up a basketball after 5 years

No way should a 35+ Terry be playing over you in the 4th

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Bringing him off the bench changes nothing. He was already on the floor when Harden was on the bench.

He just hasn't delivered.

If I were coach, I would:

1) Start him

2) Tell him the following: "if you don't get either 10 assists or 12 FGA every single night then you aren't playing next game"