1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson: DNP COACH'S DECISION

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Nov 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Brewer did look better ON DEFENSE . Offensively he is still forcing things and pressing . The good news is that the better our defense looks the better Brewer is gonna be .

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He is lost on the court. Until he show some sign in practice, stick him to the end of the bench.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

SAY WHAT?!?!

Brewer came in with his head ensconced firmly in his ass. Went straight back to the bench with the same stupid grin he always wears.

Sometimes I wonder if Brewer just wants to kill his trade value and will pick it back up after no one takes him off our hands.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I guess Ty Lawson drink alcohol again?

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering if the problem with Ty is a bad case of anxiety that he previously self-medicated with alcohol. He wouldn't be the first person who needed a drink to deal with "performing" and if he has indeed quit drinking, it would explain the completed drop off this year. I know one of the articles about his problems implied he was coming to practice drunk so it's not a huge leap of logic to think that he might also have been playing games drunk (or buzzed).

All of this is speculation though. Whatever the case, perhaps he needs some time to get his head back into the game and a few DNPs will provide that.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think maybe JB is trying to right the ship with our core players from last year before he works Ty into the mix. Or maybe JB is trying to put our best defensive team on the floor to see what happens. I don't have a problem with it. Let's let JB do his job and see what happens.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Biggest disappointment for me I thought he would shine dine in h tine

1 person likes this.
  8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That was funny. Rockets "defense". L.O.L.

9. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Last two plays before he got benched.

1. Turn over the ball with his crazy dribbling
    2. Fouled the player that stole the ball from him

He needs to sit for a while until he can produce in practice first.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets are in NYC on a Saturday night, before a Sunday night game.

Lawson gets a DNP
    And Harden has a "cold" and gets an IV after the game

hmmmmm

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

winning the ring? we should enter to playoff at first!

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really hope he plays against Detroit tomorrow.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Too bad the Rockets are Ty to his contract. Most likely not a good practice player and most likely just shows up to work when he has to.

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Harden has the Irish Flu. Maybe Lawson, too.

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

pretty terrible speculation

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wonder if this was a JB decision or a Morey decision. Maybe Morey said you put Lawson in a game again before we're respectable and you're outta here!

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson could be finding himself a new home possibly. Rumors have it the Rockets have put him on the block. Knicks are highly interested.</p>&mdash; Akash Malhotra (@ESPNAkash) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNAkash/status/670899643803377664">November 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't know who the guy is but this could have something to do with it. If they continue to not play him then it's clear he's on the block and they are not playing him so he doesn't get injured.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

afflalo would be a great fit next to harden but they're probably would only offer calderon. calderon could never defend but now he can't score too.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ive wondered that, too. I've kinda sensed a "Steve Francis" kinda vibe with Lawson, where it seems he functions off his own personal feel, or he's prone to sulk. There are mentions of him having motivation issues in Denver and coach Karl always needing to inspire him to play.

Its very obvious the Rockets REALLY could use Lawson's talents, even if not the best fit alongside Harden they desparately need more playmaking. Lawson himself seems to have zoned out from making it work in Houston. He's got his own internal things going on and hasnt been declarative in wanting to do better here. Best to relocate him

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should have signed Lowry man. I always think about it. Lowry was the perfect guy to go along with Harden.

A guy who would not back down to Harden and would demand his touches. A tough defender, a guy you don't want to leave open for 3.

Morey really screwed up on that. Swinging for the fences with Carmelo when Lowry was right there to be had.