1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two Superstars + Role Players v. One Superstar + Additional Stars & Role Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OGKashMoney, Dec 22, 2006.

1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Shaq has missed around 15-25 games in every years since the second title the Lakers won. We just need TMac to be healthy in the playoffs. With the Mavs, and Spurs in the Southwest, winning the division is very very hard. So you might as well just shoot for the playoffs b/c I am willing to bet on this team against anyone in a 7-game series. Yao is unstoppable the way he is playing, TMac is getting everyone involved and had a couple good games before the injury, same with Synder and Head is heating up again. With TMac on the floor, Alston doesn't have to struggle with full-court presses so he won't be losing the ball on final shots. I know its his back (I have back problems myself so I know how it is; I have thrown out my back bending down to pick out a shirt from my dresser), but we just need him to be healthy in the playoffs.

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

They beat a Ray Allen-less Sonics, and we lost to the Warrior, Lakers, and Blazers. Big difference in the competition level there I believe. We lost to the Warriors and Blazers by 2. We just blew the seconds Lakers game. The only game we actually didn't show up in was the first Lakers game, and even then our bench players fought back.

3. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

With a trade for either of these players, we would go from being possible title contenders to just a good team that might may the playoff with a 7 or 8 seat. I can't believe how much people on this forum de-value TMac to this team. He is not as easily replacable as people think. We can't just bring in someone like Miller, J Rich, Bibby, or Mike Miller and contend for a title. We want a title, not to be a good team that will leave in the first round!

4. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

If Bonzi plays like he did in the Spurs series, then he should definitely be considered a star player with the potential to be a superstar. However, his attitude and (somtimes) lack of hustle IMO truly makes him a role player with the potential to be a star. He should that he can be a star in the Spurs series last year, however, he should way he still has some issues to resolve before people label him that the way he started the season with the Rox.

5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

So you're saying that without Dirk, Dallas would lose to the Lakers, twice, the Warriors, and the Blazers?

6. ritou

ritou Contributing Member

Sounds valid. But the problem is whether the current TMAC can still be counted as a superstar. I agree a healthy TMAC is definitely a superstar. But how about a 70% TMAC or 50% TMAC? Many people who want to trade TMAC is based on the assumption that TMAC cannot recover to 70%, not because we are losing without him. So your analysis of two superstars being better does not support your conclusion that TMAC should stay.

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

No, what I am saying is that they beat the Sonics and we lost to GS and Portland by ONLY 2 and we gave the second game away to the Lakers. How in the world do people turn around and make this into calls for trading TMac? Thats what I can't understand. Even in the magical season of 04-05 that many on here reference to, if you remember we stumbled out the gates and we weren't .500 at this time. So now that we have a team that can compete for a title once we get everyone healthy, people start calling for trades. This is just amazing. People are so quick to throw players off the wagon as soon as you lose a game or two. No wonder you don't see any loyalty from players now-a-days

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

But we don't really need TMac to play 82 games. We need him to stay healthy in the playoffs. Look at Shaq! He takes months off in the regular season. We just need to secure a playoff spot and we will be fine.