1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two big IF's...but IF Bynum is healthy for an entire season and IF Bennett is the ROY...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

I just don't believe Bynum will give them a full season

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If Bynum plays like he did in from 08-11, sure, they'd easily make the playoffs in the East as a 7th or 8th seed. Besides Irving and Bynum their 2-4 are horrible. I can't even name one of their other starters off the top of my head.

3. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Lebron is not going to Cleveland lets be realistic here!!

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

More unlikely to happen:

1) Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao, and (whom the OP omitted) Kyrie Irving all staying pretty healthy for a whole season.

2) Having all of these talents putting together enough chemistry for a playoff push.

3) LeBron James opts out of swanky 2 or 3 time champion Miami Heat to go back to the downtrodden and dreary Cleveland Cavaliers.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nobody jumps from worst to playoff significance except Larry Bird and Akeem Olajuwon.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't know why everyone is so set on Lebron returning to Cleveland

8. amaru

amaru Member

Disagree, last time I check James Harden lead the youngest team in the NBA to the playoffs in his first season as a starter in the Western Conference.

Irving has YET to get the Cavs close to the 8th seed late in the season....and I know for certain they have never been.

So as of right now Harden > Irving and it really ain't that close imho.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure who "everbody" is.....

Most people I've heard talk on the subject think he's more than likely going to stay in Miami, but if he decides to walk it will be back to Cleveland. I have yet to hear anybody say that Cleveland was favored and that person be taken seriously.

What blogs have you been reading? lol :confused:

10. amaru

amaru Member

She looks like my next ex wife :)

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

There are plenty of people mentioning him going back to Cleveland and no I'm not talking about a blog.

12. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Bynum is not even going to play until at least halfway into the season. That is why the Mavs passed on him. Mavs training staff sai his knees are done and he is really out o shape which proved to them he was not rehabbing correctly. Think about How desperate the Mavs were to get a center after losing out on Bynum and they still chose to not even make him an offer and pay Dalembert instead

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

yes, i know Bennett didnt play yet but that is why we are making predicitions

i think it is safe to assume within 3 years, the #2 pick in the draft will be better than Parsons. yes, not guaranteed but a very good chance

parsons is a very good 4th option. i think Bennett can develop into a good 2nd option

14. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Bennet is better than Parsons? :confused: ...I don't think Bennet will even start for the Cavs, also I really do not think he can play SF in the NBA...he is a natural power forward that bullies his way. It will adjustment period in his 1st year because of the length and size in the NBA.

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

this is my opinion, I dont know if Bennet would even be a top 5 draft pick in 2014 draft if all those top freshmen and sophomores declare for the draft as predicted. He kind of reminds me of a Dejuan Blair, just saying. Not a bad player, but don't know about his potential.