1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Tad Brown started following Jimmy Butler on Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 24, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

In time: I think we should have shared the story of Jimmy Butler proudly posting a Marielle graffiti on a wall in Rio de Janeiro.

AND WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN, HEIN, FRIENDS? Jimmy Butler Campaign in Houston to talk some truths pro bolsominion of the Rockets

:confused:

justtxyank likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Translation: It ain't happening :(

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Richardson, yes. But, why - - why would 6ers want to clutter their accounts w/large expirings? If they're such great trade assets (really, w/the newest CBA???) why wouldn't TheGodFather be able to retool (instead of waiting for summer '20 which JB would be negating, positively, but before they could build as Riles wants?)?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i don't think they would be necessarily forced to take one of those expirings, they might move that to a third team, and Miami would've to pay for it i guess, but i think they would be just fine to give up a 1st rounder to dump Dragic or Whiteside/Anderson if they can get Butler.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It really doesn't say anything one way or the other about Jimmy's future intentions. I think Marielle was a politician who was murdered a year or so ago; Jimmy apparently took a photo in front of her mural, something like that.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ohhh gurl he diint!

tc0330 likes this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

BTW - is Dragic the most I happiest guy in the League year after year after... Sumbuck is always butthurt. The international Kyrie, perhaps?

FWIW - tea leaves appear to favor TheGodfather going in next summer, not this one.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Miami is the best team for Butler cause they won't be able to compete regardless for this season, and him getting there now means only another max player can eventually join in a year, but eh...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am offended Red Nation China and Rockets China did not respond accordingly.

No 1 in China....nope.

10. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

So freaking weird to see brazilian politics being discussed in a Jimmy Butler to Houston thread. Just wow.

Apparently Jimmy Butler was posting pictures of a Marielle Franco mural in Rio de Janeiro. She was murdered a year or so ago for defending and representing minorities and going against the "Milicias" (it´s a long story).

This tweet is pretty much just praising JB for showing some support.

You guys are LUNATICS!!!! How far can you go for a rumor? Hahaha

Cheers

daywalker02, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I asked cause i literally didn't understand what he said in those tweets, but since he mentioned Butler and he's the same dude who reported yesterday that Butler "agreed to a deal with us" i was curious.

sammy and tc0330 like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It sounds to me, ok as a tunnel-visioned Rox fan, that it's leverage JB is using v 6ers, same conf and all.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point i just hope for the best and whatever.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If Rox were to just 'run-it-back' I wouldn't be too upset; that inc AR (hard for me to believe I would ever say that!) and perhaps DH, as well. However, it sounds as if the 5.7 is being directed towards a ring-chaser. Wait, what - - we're chasing rings? Really cool :cool: !!!

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Probably. Rockets still have to try for him, but sure, most likely scenario is Butler is leveraging to make sure that full 5 year max is there on day 1.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

Jimmy butler will be a Rocket huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It's not enough for DM the GM to make the play for JB; JB would have to make the play for Rox right back to Liberty City!

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed till pen hits paper there is nothing to be happy about.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And I guess somewhere down the line Butler promised Miami, he at least hear them out. I have heard that long ago.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Update: Daryl Morey started following Jimmy Butler on Twitter yesterday.

Nook, HoustonCRT, treyk3 and 2 others like this.