1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] NBA Refs correct ESPN on Harden foul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, May 7, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sensationalism. Emotional appeal. Look at how many people "liked" it.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Unfortunately, as with other social media accounts targeting the sneakerhead demographic, they get paid to control the narrative. And their job is to make sure the narrative stays pretty for the nike and Jordan endorsees. Steph and Beard are the leading non-Nike/Jordan threats. Steph was the glitch. Couldnt paint him in a bad light. So Nike probably boosted the incentives for KD to ride that wave and join GS to steal some of that market share. Harden is an easy target. A player who uses craftiness to make up for the gap in athleticism. Instead of “smart,” it’s “cheating.”

slothy420, BigMaloe, The_Yoyo and 2 others like this.
  3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I didn't watch the game cause of stuff, and haven't watched the replay yet but was it called a shooting foul or blocking foul? It looks like it was called a blocking foul, and the foul occurred before Harden gathered to shoot correct? The foul wasn't Harden "hooking" the arm or Exum getting hit in the face with the ball, but was the fact that Exum was in Harden's path in an illegal position.

If this is all true then... why the **** is this so confusing? God, I hate dense people. Sometimes Harden takes advantage of the rules like every freaking superstar player has ever done, but I don't see how this is Harden OR the ref's fault. The refs and Harden weren't the ones that got beat defensively, and then tried to make a half ass attempt at a save. Exum is a long as defender. He could have easily tried to get a block from behind after he got beat, and recovered that way.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you just blew my mind into conspiracy mode considering CP3 is basically doing the same thing.

clutch citizen likes this.
  5. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Did they get rid of that bs flagrant on Tucker? Probably not

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

CP3 might legit be looking for a ring now. He doesn’t sell many shoes. Westbrook usurped him at Jordan a couple years ago. But then again, he did pass up a chance to play for Pop with Kawahi and Lamacus. In any case, the Nike sellers are still coming. LeBron to Houston you say? Big dawg coming to halt the adidas basketball momentum.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stopped reading at "Yes, sometimes he does travel":D

FU ESPN. U SUCK

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, that was such an obvious blocking foul, anyone who can't see that shouldn't be commenting about basketball. Simple as that.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

BSPN

You should watch ot for Comedy

The only legit analyst there is Max Kellerman

dc rock likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if you follow house of highlights on instagram there is a clear bias towards Harden and Rockets. All the highlights yesterday was, Mitchell jumping over Capela. The Harden Exum foul play and a clip of Harden complaining to the refs after they called that loose ball foul on him, but of course they didn’t even show the play just Harden complaining. And we wonder why Harden is hated by casual fans.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

What was the point of that tweet by ESPN? Just to start sh**?
    There are 10s of calls made every game...some incorrect of course..but was there a need to pick the one against harden to prove something?

Out of all the calls they could have picked..they chose the most obviously correct call?

Bunch of idiots. I am so glad I don't pay for cable. Back to finding streams of the games. FU espn.

12. threepointshot3

Swayguy is a lin fan who believes Harden stole Lin’s glory.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Harden could play like Lebron in playoffs, all media will STFU.

14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

People arguing that this was not a foul. How r****ded can people be? They arguin hitting people face is not a foul...Next time, everyone should just charge in with their face at the offensive player and you will get a foul every time. It's called face defense now,

#54 Rockets4lf, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Why was this even a question ??

Easily and obviously a foul.

16. alethios

alethios Member

So are they saying, by virtue of the fact that the Jazz beat the Thunder, the Thunder would have been easy too?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

people are saying that Harden hooked Exum’s arm and then brought the ball into his face

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People don't like Harden's game, and the media can cash in on that buy playing to it. $$$$

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.55.08 PM.png

Oh, but harden initiated the contact!
    Oh, but Harden is hooking him with his left arm!
    Oh, but Harden is just tricking him with his deceptive mastery of cheating!

Since when is putting your arm into an offensive players chest and neck area not a foul????

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. MannyRamirez

MannyRamirez Member

Most fans are just casual fans that know the basic rules of basketball. They don’t know that body positioning is a factor of a foul being called. I was at the game last night and I had people screaming in my ear complaining about the fouls. I tried to explain it to them but only response they had was “yeah yeah he’s just a big flopper”