1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] NBA Refs correct ESPN on Harden foul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, May 7, 2018.

1. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

media conspiracy

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

exum literally gets back into the play too late and flops hoping to get a call his way. and this kid isn't smart enough to try that on his own, those are most likely his instructions from the coaching staff

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did ESPN get bought by fox news?

mikol13 and rockets1995 like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Reddit's opinion lol.

Reddit pretend they have more thought out opinions when in reality they are just a more passive aggressive version of YouTube comments.

In fact YouTube comments have more original thoughts than reddit

RocketWalta likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep he learned the hardway that harden's strength is close a you can get to lebron's

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The four letter network is very disappointing. I’ve spoken about it before, but man, integrity is out the window.

This network gave us sports fanatics something great for years, but has it ever gone to sh** as a whole.

Nice to see the refs jump in and shut them down.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

ESPN getting salty because they’re about to lose ad dollars if all 4 series end early. Would have Game 6 for all series and Game 7 for the East if they occur. ESPN also doesn’t air any game of the WCF, only the East.

Completely unprofessional and I hope the Rockets, NBA, and referees complain to the network.

rockets1995 likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hope we end this Jazz team early in 5, game 6 is espn. No TV money for them. Networks are so angry OKC Thunder didn't advance. Ernie Johnson a Westbrook voter was looking so Salty, Shaq also. Michelle Beadle a Westbrook voter with a stiff lip, hating to admit Harden is MVP

#28 rockets1995, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Mazulis likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

ESPN is owned by Disney.

It's literally an extension of the Mickey Mouse Club.

Even back in 90s, I considered this channel as a source of mindless entertainment. . At least back then they had a really good cast and were entertaining.

Now it's just mindless trash hosted by obnoxious personalities trying to look and sound "cool"

slothy420, Caesar and ak99999 like this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Why is that even post worthy, I seriously don't understand why espn even posted that in the first place, how can you even argue that's not a foul...???

napalm06 likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In fairness, even Coach Nick who’s as astute a basketball guy as there is on the internet, thought it was a no call or offensive foul. It’s a difficult call to make in real time.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I understand, but it was the right call, the defender didn't allow james to go through his shot motion and his body was literally glued to james when he went for his shot.

Eitherway, even if it was a questionable call, why the **** would espn post that..??

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I commented to that same post saying how van gundy loves htown and is a rockets supporters.

It got heavily downvoted before the htown fans came in clutch lol

Reeko likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's certainly questionable enough for ESPN not to draw a hard line in the sand on it. It was clearly, at best, a 50/50 call. How many other instances can you think of where an INTERNATIONAL MEDIA OUTLET calls out an individual player for getting the benefit of a 50/50 call?? It's highly unprofessional, completely uncalled for, and downright disgusting behavior from the 4 letter network.

slothy420, adw, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

When I want a friendly reminder of how many idiots there are in the world I will read a random twitter thread, a random r/nba thread, or some random youtube comment section.

Always brings me back to my senses and back to ClutchFans. Makes me realize that even swyyguy is better and more intelligent than the majority of the web.

I often get in disagreements here but at least it’s via a good dialogue.

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

ESPN already fired or laid off all their smart and knowledgeable people. So now their left with people who don't watch any of the games, but love to get in front of a camera and give hot takes from watching the condensed highlights.

This why every analyst on ESPN keeps saying Rockets are a Run and Gun team when in fact we're the slowest pace, isolation heavy, kill you with a thousand paper cuts offense.

ESPN is the CNN of sports: FAKE NEWS!

slothy420 and Scarface281 like this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

complex is trash. they should stick to music

clutch citizen likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao, this is so priceless!

I need to send this to about 5 people that are blowing up my phone since game 4 about "all of Harden's fouls being phantom and life is so hard".

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, this is a clear foul lol, even in the 90s.

You can't just run into the offensive player's space, that's the definition of a damn blocking foul.

To see people say "Harden's arm was out there first!" irrelevant because Exum literally throws his body in the way and ironically enough flops, throws his head back, trying to get a charge.

slothy420 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That's an obvious foul, search the entire second quarter ESPN, you'll find what you're looking for.