1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter is becoming a 'ghost town' of bots as AI-generated spam content floods the internet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On a forum without reality warping algorithms?

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Ah, I see you don't follow ATW D&D posts.

Amiga, ROCKSS, dmoneybangbang and 3 others like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-2-28_16-6-29.jpeg

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's at least one real person left. He's hilarious, too!

[​IMG]

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm working on a AI version of myself. As I'm getting older, I can no longer keep up with the forum

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

who needs algos when we've got 3 posters one with multis spamming misinformation and disinformation here

ROCKSS, Xerobull and Andre0087 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A few think it's cute to call out the goofballs here in response to this, but I think all of us are heavily influenced, whether not through other websites, TV news, family, peers, and so on. So therefor, Clutchfans discourse is heavily influenced. Thinking one is evading the effects of social media by avoiding a few key websites/apps sounds akin to thinking you can avoid a highly contagious virus because you live on the other side of a river.

It gone getcha and it done got us.

JumpMan likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

To the left of his keyboard: Apartheid For Dummies (Vol 2)

GRENDEL and ROCKSS like this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bro how the ACTUAL **** did you find my picture!??

ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's been like this for a long ass time and accelerated during 2020 for obvious reasons, so this isn't breaking news. A lot of social media is just bots responding to bots (like reddit too which is a terrible website).

I had friends during the myspace era that said this but they were in the minority. now I see they were just ahead of their time. I don't put much on social media and actually deleted it for a long while during the pandemic, and it was very refreshing. there is nothing to gain from social media other than finding crypto gems on telegram or twitter that'll x10 your money in an hour, which is very much a thing.

11. MadMax

It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and tiger mixed. Bred for its skills in magic.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying I've avoided having any influence at all from social media. But the negative effects of those sites are well known and staying off of them can only help, and I need all that help. Because ultimately, life sucks and then you die.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  13. MadMax

Well good morning, Sunshine!

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Quoting Attitude Era WWE is what I do, man. It's what I do.

ThatBoyNick, Ubiquitin and MadMax like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Ain't no truer words ever been sed

Haymitch likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You should start quoting those new Mr. McMahon texts, like I do.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Twitter is still one of the first places I go to for all news.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Google is killing Google's usability. It is heavily censored, manipulated, and corporatized search content. The problem existed before the rise of AI. I use Kagi.com if I want to research something. I pay for a subscription there and it is miles better than Google. You can actually find information and find information on mildly controversial topics.

Twitter is definitely not a ghost town but the bots who like my posts are annoying lol. It's still the best source for breaking news and news aggregation in general in my opinion.

The engagement trolls are still people and not bots from my experience. They are like a mirror reflected on itself when news breaks or when something goes viral. Maybe they have bots running their twitter, but it doesn't seem like it. That said if you tell twitter that you don't want to see that type of stuff then I am able to manipulate the algo so it doesn't show me engagement bait and shows me stuff from who I am following and from others that I might be interested in.

If you let Twitter's rage bait engagement algo get out of hand with what it recommends then Twitter turns into a cesspool quickly. If you manage it then it's still a pretty solid product.

Wikipedia I haven't noticed a deterioration of the product since that article was written last year. Have you guys noticed anything falling apart there? Does wiki even allow AI generated edits to stay on there? I know they use AI to try to monitor the edits and content on wiki.

Space Ghost and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I rarely put anything on Twitter anymore but when I do it’s maybe 3-5 likes and I know one of the people and the rest are women in bikinis with a link to their site in their profile.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OT: Yesterday, I used the video calling feature that was recently enabled for non-paying users and it was very good.