1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Daryl Morey - 2012/2013 NBA Season Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jul 24, 2012.

1. vernonmaxwell86

he was included in the "4rooks"

2. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Nope -- Basically, if you read in between the lines -- he is saying DMo will not start over Asik. Moreover, D-Mo does not have a twitter account; therefore, the etc.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

That decision is on McHale.

I'm sure McHale will play DMo when he thinks he's ready.

4. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

@dmorey
    We also have guys early in their career who could take a step forward such as - Toney Douglas, @GForbz3, @MookMorris2, @pdpatt, @BigJorts55

Makes it seem like these are our new twill, thabeet, Flynn caliber guys on our roster next year. I really hope that PPat and Morris can show us more than the '09ers.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

just love the game Morey and Hennigan are playing. Henny leaks that Orlando is planning to hold onto Dwight till the deadline or will convince him to stay long-term. Morey tweets out our roster and starting 5 like he's perfectly happy going into the season as is. It really is a game of high-stakes poker. Love our GM!

6. Convictedstupid

He's one of 4 rookies he mentioned

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OP translated:

Eff you, Orlando! We are fine with our guys if you don't give us Dwight Howard. How's your team without a trade?

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Morey is making the right decision against the Magic' hype. 1 or 2 rookies, 1 early pick, veteran and cap space are enough. All in will give us no chance of persuading D.Howard to stay.

9. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

HAH I JUST SAW THIS ON TWITTER AS WELL!

so looks like we are focused on our young talent

10. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

No, that's what we want Orlando to think and hurry and make a trade out of panic.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Last years Magic ---> A disgruntled Dwight, 3 bad contracts and going no where.

I think we will get Dwight eventually, Mr.Hennigan has to fold at some stage, they can't afford letting Dwight walk and get nothing back.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Does anyone else like that Josh Harrellson's twitter name is BigJorts55?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He's clearly trolling Hennigan.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dont know what will happen with our rookies...but I dont mind the team as is right now(the bench looks excellent)...and yes...The Rockets will come out on top in the end...ORL's mind-games...and Hennigans inability to do what is best for the city of ORL is ultimately gonna cost them a really good chance at getting the best value for Howard...come trade deadline, teams with the best chance...is LA, Nets, OKC(yes, OKC, b/c they wont be able to keep both Ibaka and Harden...might as well trade Perkins, Harden, and player plus picks for Howard...), and then your Rockets...regardless...I cant wait to see our Rockets...

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think it's a reasonable omission. Placing Patterson in the starting lineup seemed like something a few reporters did simply because he was a familiar name. In reality, Pat had some pretty big deficiencies a year ago and Motiejunas, White and Jones all have significant upside. I think the PF spot ends up a camp battle. It's there for the taking if one of the rookies proves ready.

1 person likes this.
  16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

just saying morey isnt going to give in... just saying. wheres the like button.

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

this all makes sense hes trolling Hennigan... If not rookies have already been signed... hes definately holding out for a trade.... a very soon trade

18. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Somebody needs to photoshop a inception pic with Morey in it.

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

i meant if not he would have already singed all rookies to contract...

20. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Also, if Morey knows there's tension within the Orlando FO, that's like throwing a steak to a Lion.