1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Towers: Needs More Time or Give it Up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Twin Towers?

1. Give It More Time

104 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Bench Asik NOW

317 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think the majority of us agree that this is the reason we've been getting into slow starts. Our two biggest parts of our offensive game -- our drive and transition game -- get considerably worse with the lack of spacing and speed with the twin tower lineup.

Are you fed up with it or is it worth testing out some more?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

More time????? Even when we got Howard Morey said they would not play together, and he was right, they can't play together - they SUCK BALLS together.

Anyone who has ever played basketball above a Jr High level can see that both players are incomplete - and we are essentially playing 3 on 5 on offense at times, Howard needs space - and he won't get it with Omer in there holding his hand.

It will never work, it needs to stop now, we are wearing our starters out having to come back...

Please Kevin, for the love of pete, STOP the noise, insert DMo or TJones and the team will improve dramatically.

DD

#2 DaDakota, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im fed up with the coaching... it seems no one listens to Mchale...

the TT line up should be exclusive post up by Dwight Howard. They want to run all the time and they don't need to.. they can slow the game down in the first and come out running with casspi. why does it have to be run or nothing with this team? slow down when the TT is out there! they try to go fast with the Asik and Dwight and once there is a missed shot the transition D get all out of wack and Asik is trying to close out on 3 point shooters.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaneB

DaneB Member

At this point the Rockets are just showcasing Asik. I've lost my soapbox! I had to see it in person in the Moda Center. There is no way that the Rockets can continue with Asik in the starting line-up. It just kind of sucks because if the Rockets continue to lose, the Rockets are more likely to lose leverage in trading Asik. If the Rockets wouldn't have started the Twin Towers this game, they would have had to work their way out of as big of a hole that they put themselves in the beginning due to a stagnant offense.

5. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

TT lineup is hot trash

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

only an idiot would think it works. We have the luxury of experimenting because that is how good we are. Yes I said it. We are the best team in the west when we are clicking, and that will be as soon as we trade asik for a good stretch 4. The TT wasn't going to work but it was worth a try.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Should have never tried it to begin with. I say start Casspi at small-ball 4 and reap the rewards of a better starting lineup.

8. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Just fire McHale if he keeps starting Howard and Asik together. Actually I am for the firing of McHale period. He WILL never win a championship as a coach. Get George Karl now. I can't believe Morey is still trusting McHale.

9. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I say give it up already.

Yao can shoot even if Deke can't shoot.

Sampson and Hakeem can both shoot.

Zbo and Gasol can both shoot.

Duncan and Robinson can both shoot.

Asik and Howard...

10. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

give it up there's no space for our main threats to drive the lane ball moment is limited. Asik off the bench is a win win

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

TT is awful. Slow, fast it doesn't matter. Neither are good enough post players to make it work.

Then the ball handlers can't drive so basically you have a road block in front of the rim and players shooting contested outside shots. It's really ridiculous at this point.

We need to hurry and trade Asik because we need to start developing some real chemistry with how we really want to play. Rockets look out of synch with the Jekyll and Hyde TT/small ball crap.

12. Little General

Isn't George Karl still available for a coaching job?

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This is the worse pairing of players in the modern history of the nba. I thought francis -marbury was bad. Ellis-jennings was pretty bad. Cartright-ewing worked. This is terrible and we haven't even played a good team yet aside from clippers. Mchale has to rethink this and try one of the young guys. Casspi can't do it,he's to light.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden's 3p to FG ratio increased this year, plus he's averaging less FTA which indicates less drives. Not saying that it's because of the twin towers, but I wouldn't be surprised.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Maybe it's time to trade Howard....what do you guys say? Did you see him try to run away from being fouled?? That's a sign of someone that doesn't want to confront the problem. He should face the problem and deal with it w/ confident. That's why he missed that last 2 free throws cuz he try to avoid it.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dumb post is dumb.

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

It's over.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure wasn't a good pairing. While I don't think Casspi is a scrub, but yeah it came true the fact that Casspi is an inconsistent player because all his career he was fighting for minutes.

Now that he got consistent minutes, he has to get used to that.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

From day 1 I was against TT. I was ok with it as experiment in preseason, but boy does McHale make bone head moves. We are 6 games into it in regular season. I say at most 10 games, which means in 4 more games. TT experiment will be over. I don't care how unhappy Asik is or how much value he dips, this team will keep on losing if this starting line up doesn't change.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, but you can't fire McHale after 6 games. Especially when the Rockets are 4-2. If he runs that Twin Towers lineup out there Saturday night though to start the 1st quarter, I hope Morey has Karl on speeddial.