1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Peaks...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by haven, Jan 18, 2002.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

That's right. Revealing the killer that early screwed up everything. Give Lynch a pass for the later episodes. There are still hours and hours of gold from this series, which is why it is deservedly beloved.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats the place with the boobs right?

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh, well that explains it then.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Never saw an episode for more than 5 minutes, but I vividly recall a lot of my high school classmates squealing about it my senior year; the kind of people I didn't really care to hang out with. My Flatmates made us all watch "Fire Walk with me" in College and it was predictably awful.

I've pretty much loathed everything Lynch has produced. None of his stuff makes any sense. And, no. I have zero interest in watching something multiple times to get different possibilities about what he meant. These aren't poems, jackass.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

This show has about 5 great episodes from season 1 and 2 combined. There are brief moments of greatness in the midst of pig ****. Hugely overrated, the myth of the show is greater than it's reality. But I'll still watch to see how it goes with Lynch directing the whole shebang of season 3.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I saw the first season recently. It wasn't bad. It was basically a soap opera/comedy. I'll probably watch the 2nd season soon.

9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It does get very silly after about the 8th episode, so just be warned. In the final episode Lynch returns and you will definitely want to watch that one, especially if you are planning to watch the Showtime series.

#69 Chilly_Pete, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Buck Turgidson

Are any of the other few prior to the last one worth/necessary watching? It's become painful to try and slog through to the end.

11. Chilly_Pete

I think you can just read the synopsis of those episodes and just skip to the last one. That way you know what is happening plot wise with the characters, and can pick up where the final episode begins. But yeah they are not really worth watching.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. tallanvor

starts tonight btw. too much tv on Sunday (leftovers, silicon valley, american gods) . Glad GoT got pushed back.

13. I am a Donut

Well, that was interesting. Doesn't have the humor of the original so far. More like a lynch film. This looks to be much darker. No ABC censorship is going to bring out all sorts of creepy Lynchian stuff.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man this guy sucks am I right?

:D

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Thought it was great, so far the best stuff from the first 2 seasons without all the r****ded stuff that sank it.

16. tallanvor

some of the acting was terrible but that always the case with lynch's stuff. Hopefully once Cooper gets out, the lighter side and humor will come back.

17. Chilly_Pete

Lynch said he filmed it like an 18 part movie. It definitely felt that way after watching the first 4 episodes.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The four diffrent locations are interesting and how they'll tie up everything. Twin Peaks seeing the littliest time and occurances of the four.

I had just finished a 14 hr shift watching ep. 1 and need to probably rewatch it, but where are we introduced to Diane in ep.1?

#78 Mr.Pringles, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  19. I am a Donut

No Diane yet. Probably hard to get in touch with from the Black Lodge.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

all they needed to do was a "previously on Twin Peaks" to clear up a ton of confusion

from the final season 2 episode summary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episode_29_(Twin_Peaks)

so the doppelganger evil Cooper has been out in the world while the real Cooper has been trapped in the alternate dimension

real Cooper makes it back, but leaves behind part of his memory or mind or something like that (the gold marble)

still not clear on the Dougie person though

crazy how many actors have died since shooting this

bringing in Robert Forster was a great idea