1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TWill - TNot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. monster

monster Member

We aren't going to compete anyway, so haven't many of us been screaming to get some of these guys some PT, so we can figure out if they have a future here or not?

If you were going to trade him, and he's garbage, then what exactly are you expecting we can get for him?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well New Jersey got a first round pick from us....

;)
    DD

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Do you remember what's the protection on the pick? I don't remember.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it is the opposite. Williams wants to drive and kick. He is looking for the pass first, even when he drives, to the detriment of the team. He can get into the paint. He just needs to finish in order to make the kick part of the drive effective. He passed up a coulple of layups and short jumpers in order to make the kick, when, in reality, what the team needed most was for him to finish the drive.

He thinks he is a PG, but the is more to the gig than beat your man one-on-one and kick out. He needs to make himself an all around threat.

5. AFS

AFS Member

lottery protection. we lose the pick if we make the playoffs.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

T-hype. Never jumped on the 'wagon.

Hey if he proves to be something, good for him.

7. Codeo

Codeo Member

so brave

1 person likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I don't see any notion of him wanting to drive and kick.

Yes, he is looking for the pass. Usually when the PG has the ball, the dude is just looking at the PG for the ball back and wants to go one-on-one while the rest of the team watches. He wants to pull a Cushing, "Everyone else sit out and I'll take the team on - 1 on 5......very Stevie Franchise-like."

Yes, he has skills to get into the paint, but the rest of the guys on the team aren't thinking of him as the go-to scorer. He's just a role player that needs to do other things than shoot the damn ball.

Dude doesn't know how to do that. I think his immaturity blinds him.

9. JeffB

Supporting Member

Agreed... Mostly.

I kept hoping he would flash/dive into the paint; make himself an available target. No need to stand around. Know your role.

If he would take some opportunities to finish the drive, his teammates may come to see him as a go to guy.

Watch him when he drives. He is looking to make the highlight pass. He doesn't even square up to the basket much of the time. How many shots did he take again? How many times did he drive and kick?

This was one of the big problems NJ had with him. Then when they got on his case about scoring more, he went the preseason ball hogging, overdoing it by not looking to make any pass. Google up last seasons' preseason. Williams pissed off Johnson with that act.

#109 JeffB, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

When I see him on the court and he has the ball, the PG is usually asking for it back so they can setup the offense. He usually ignores them and the PG usually has this WTF look. He first has to build chemistry with the rest of the guys, but he's just too ignorant.

Hell, we gave up A LOT to get this dude. He better ****ing produce or Morey ****ed the Rockets.

11. JeffB

Supporting Member

I am with you. He is a ball dominator. He is not TMac. He shows little sense of what to do without the ball. I don't know if he will or even wants to learn how.

This is where the compressed season really hurts. With so little practice time, the coaches don't get more time to teach properly.

At least the pick is lotto protected.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He and Dragic don't seem to play well together on court, it is sort of like they're ignoring each other on most possessions. Just my opinion.

13. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I noticed that myself. It's because TWill refuses to pass the ball! TWill attempts to play PG, which makes Dragic mad!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

None of our SFs are getting enough time to show what they can do.

Not CBud, not Twill and not Parsons.

They are all getting too little time.

DD

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Twill is a better PG than Dragic, sadly. I want my PG to be a playmaking, pass first guy. Dragic is not that. But he'll get you a couple buckets here and there.

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

TWill played nicely when with Lowry in the other games.

However, it seems like this game he wasn't attacking the basket, he was shying away from it and just camping out on the 3-pt line.

Parsons is the only one who went to the rim.

Morris thinks he's Paul Pierce, really pissed when he plays.

17. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

C-Bud has shown us he remains the same from before. If his shot is not going in, he disappears.

T-Will and Parsons(too soon?) are most likely battling it out for the starter position.
    T-Will has a lot of talent but he is forcing it and not letting it come naturally.(Might be to try to impress Coach.)
    Parsons has seen more garbage time then real in-the heat-of game time. I would like to see how he works during those minutes.

I'm a T-Will believer. Hope he gets his game right tonight for a Rockets win.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Bud has had 2 years. He has proven himself to be an athletic, streaky shooter who can't get off his own shot with sub-par NBA defense.

T-Will is getting 21 mpg. How many minutes do you want from a guy who is doing everything in his power to marginalize himself on offense?

Parsons is actually showing some potential skill, intelligence, and aggressiveness. I'm guessing we will see more of him tonight.

Morris is showing less than nothing even in garbage time. He needs to be sent down.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'd still pick him over Dragic. Dragic is looking to score first and pass second. He's not making his teammates better at all. There's only one basketball to play with when Dragic and T-will are on the floor. They CAN'T COEXIST!

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

T-Will doesn't run an offense, make his teammates better, or even look to score like Dragic. He just passes for the sake of passing.