1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

twill posterizes caracter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Aug 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The antics are typical streetball antics..........but they're usually done actually on the street court where guys are playing on a bet or trying to one up the next guy. The dunk was average.....against a pedestrian big man who has limited to no athleticism. Even in these pickup events, guys don't usually demonstrate so voraciously unless they really did something extra special. It wasn't extra special.

TWill is, unfortunately, very immature. He doesn't even understand how to entertain in a non-NBA event. He's just a doofus that has a total street mentality. The only thing we can hope is that he grows out of it.......quickly. Because he is a very talented baller. If he doesn't grow out of the doofus stage, what a waste of talent.

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I get what this thread is about now... People who are still butt hurt over Adelman leaving versus those who are Awesome! Thank God Adelman is gone.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mediocre dunk with typical T-Will douchebag move after the dunk. Who the **** takes their shirt off after such a weak move... ohhh T-Will does.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hope T-Will and T-Mac both die a horrible death; their families too.
    Only way to appease the anti-"T" cult!

5. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

A 33 second video of a guy dunking over a defender and showboating spawns a 5+ page character analysis.

lol clutchfans.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i guess its cool to dunk on a scrub but taking off your shirt is something else:eek:

7. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

100% correct! These guys are just having fun. Some of you guys need to get a grip.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The guy is having fun leave him alone, its charity in a high school gym.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Terrence Williams is an asset without et.

#89 Zboy, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

EXACTLY!

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I know it seems great to say the most negative things about Williams' personality are the reasons he isn't currently a starting caliber player but they just aren't. Maybe it's the need to find an example for our children, as if to say "See where that bad attitude gets ya!"

Terrance Williams is an above average passing swing man with exceptional athleticism and little other talents. He's an awful shooter with poor reaction time and lacks creative ball handling ability. He could turn a complete 180 in the personality department and would likely still be glued to the bench.

There have been many stars before him who lack just as much maturity and there will be many after.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where did you draw this analysis from?

His dominant days in college, the 30-10-10 he was averaging in the DLeague, or his Nets performances?

Poor reaction time? :confused:

Sounds like a crock of horse ****...

13. highlander3128

TWILL needs to grow up...

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In a thread about kevin martin, everybody hates on him, and nobody cares about it, but in a T-will thread, if someone says something negative, watch out, yoyu a racist, or doesnt know about basketball.

I prefer someone talented over someone athletic, but not very talented.

who you prefer a "boring" player who plays by fundamentals like Duncan or a flashy and athletic player like Stromile Swift?

of course Swift will get into sportscenter, and people will view more times a clip of a dunk, than a quiet 25-30 pts performance by Duncan.

1 person likes this.
  15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

even if it was a charity game and a streetball dunk, the whole taking the jersey off is not necessary.

he doesn't have a good track record. i mean... rick adelman couldnt find a place for him... i think thats pretty bad.

twill fail on this one. but i hope he pans out considering morey gave up a first round pick for him.

go twill? ...

16. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

1. It was a charity game
    2. It was for entertainment

FFS people, its not like he walked out an practice session or anything - just excitment over a amazing play.

Also the people calling the dunk pedestrian have obviously been spoiled by the Carter's and Richardson's of the NBA. Dunking is hard, especially against a NBA big man. T-will did nothing wrong in his actions, everyone here needs to stop acting like he's somehow a lesser human being because of it.

17. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

HUGE MAN beating dat ass

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I never said he was the second coming of Jordan so don't put words in my mouth. Whoever thinks that would be foolish. I do think he is a incredibly gifted basketball player who has shown flashes in New Jersey of the really good player he could be. As others have mentioned, the coaching situation in NJ was extremely unstable and he was traded to Houston. Combine that with the depth on the Rockets and Adelman's set rotation, he never really had a chance last year with Houston.

This year, if he shows discipline and gets in good with coach Mchale then he could show us how good he can be in the NBA.

I don't have a problem if you don't like a player, but don't overlook the talent that's there. The hate seems completely unwarranted at times.

19. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Ahhh.. I see what you're saying. If the other team had played better D, then he wouldn't have made such an ass out if himself. Got it. ;)

Judging by twill's reaction after that dunk, you would have thought he just made the winning shot to win the NBA championship.

20. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

To be honest, I was more impressed by the guy coming over trying to play defense than the dunk itself.