1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

twill posterizes caracter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Aug 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AFS

AFS Member

Ask this guy

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Totally agree with you. We should market his "value" and trade his showboating @ss for a star with character and drive

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

0h hey look a bunch of white guys hating on a black guy for being out of character... where have we seen this before? hmm....

2 people like this.
  4. YaosDirtyStache

While I normally dont debate basketball, I will frog with you a bit here on T-Will.
    I will first state my position Williams as a basketball player. The kid just has "it." Whatever "it" is, has been debated for generations but he has the "it" factor. Very rarely can one see potential for greatness in a particular player but T-Will has that potential in droves.

He can drive, pass, defend, fly to the hoop, a decent shooter (which can improve a 'la K-Low.) and a terrific 1 on 1 player, a trait the Rockets have missed over the last 4 seasons since T-mac died on our floor.

He gets this bad rap as a bad kid because of his scuffles with Adleman...but can you fault him? Look at his first year on the Nets, he went through 3 coaches. Frank, Barrise, and Kiki Vanderweghe. Second year he had Little General and Adleman.

He had 4 coaches in under 12 months, and the 5th coach happened to be a man who hates change and doesnt play youngins.

T-Will is hungry to play the game of basketball and THAT is something you cant teach, all the greats had the fire to play and he beefed with Rick because No-D, spotty O players like C-Bud played ahead of him. I would be pissed too if I saw scrubs like Deshawn Stevenson abuse Buddinger when I know I could stop him.

Is Twill immature? Sure, but id rather have an immature player who is acting out because he isnt allowed to play the game he loves, than immaturity like JR Smith just because he is taking for granted his skills.

Imagine if Eddie Griffin had T-Wills fire, hell even T-mac for that matter.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

A thread title of "T-Will Tarnishes Caracter" or something would have been better

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What the hell did he do to deserve all this hate?
    Von Wafer walked out on his own team.
    Aaron Brooks walked out on his own team.
    T-mac, allegedly gave up on this team.
    And V-Span sucked it up so bad that he ran his ass back to Europe.

And now Terrence Williams should be hated because... he's a flashy player? I'd rather have a flashy player/playmaker than Mr. Fundamentals or some bull**** one-dimensional player taking up the 3-spot.

Obviously he is not the second coming for Jordan.
    The fact is he is fun to watch. Will it translate to wins? I don't know, everyone is too scared to play him because they think it will cost this team wins. Wins that even if this team were to have kept wouldn't have to translated to a playoff run anyway. This team will get decimated in the 1st round.
    Play him, if he sucks boot his ass to the curb. If he's good keep him.

Everyone here was crying to give Jermaine Taylor a chance, Ariza was defended for a semi-long time, hell David Andersen was hailed the next Nowitzki after one good game. But as soon as you see somebody that isn't a little kid's role model you just turn your backs on him. LOL. About half the people in this league are bad people; selfish people. Deal with it.

Houston has grown way too soft.

#46 RedRedemption, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh look, the innane race comment, rather than looking at the showboating style of play.

DD

8. YaosDirtyStache

Its that mentality that made the astros suck so bad today, only having the "Good Ol Boys" who should be superheroes and role models that made this team so soft.

A little bit of showboating never hurt, hell maybe if Yao showed some ego once in awhile we might have had a banner or two hanging from our rafter.

9. RedRedemption

Showboating is GOOD (in most cases).
    It puts us on the map. Same reason why news stations screen bad news instead of good news.
    How many times has a Dwyane Wade dunk been viewed? Millions.
    How many times has a 'Shane Battier forcing a shot clock violation' video viewed? Minuscule compared to the dunk.

I don't want Mr. Goody Two Shoes on this team I want Mr. Badass Showboat on this team. I don't care if he waves hundred dollar bills in homeless men's faces if he puts up 18/5/5 and leads up to a playoff berth. I couldn't care less.

10. DaDakota

Yeah, that was what was missing, it wasn't anything skill related it was pure showboating that was missing.

If Twill takes off great, but right now, CLee, Kmart, Cbud are all a lot better than him.

Until he can hit a jumper, and so far, he has NEVER been able to do that consistently, he will find himself riding the pine.

Because if he can't shoot, players will sag off of him and he will have nowhere to go.

DD

11. DaDakota

Sometimes showboats just lead you to nowhere, IE JR Rider etc....just because you have flair doesn't mean you are a good basketball player, or leader....hell Steve Francis was a showboat and he ended up being a loser.....

DD

12. RedRedemption

C-Bud is a rich man's Steve Novak.
    He will be expendable if T-Will proves himself, or if we find a half as decent shooter that can play both offense and defense.

I'm sorry DD but you already cursed C-Bud; and your intense hatred for Mr. Showboat proves that he will be a great player someday.

1 person likes this.
  13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

For all the fanboys who think everyone here is a bunch of judgmental “haters”, this is why people don’t like T-Will:

http://blog.chron.com/nba/2011/04/with-rockets-season-over-whats-next-well-start-with-moreyadelman-get-together-ill-bring-the-wine/#c2104866

Too good to play within the offense, too good to earn himself a spot in the rotation by practicing hard. So yeah, people are going to roll their eyes when he keeps showing off his arrogance after knowing how it got him into trouble last year. I hope he turns it around, but right now it sucks that Morey gave up a first round pick for this lazy loser whose ego is way too big for his game.

14. RedRedemption

So Wade has lead the Heat nowhere?
    Kobe has lead the Lakers nowhere? (Oh yeah, he was a HUGE showboat)
    Shaq?
    LeBron in his Cleveland days? (He literally danced around on the court while giving his opponents a beating)

15. DaDakota

OMFG....so TWill is now on their level......man...that is unbelievably ridiculous.

DD

16. RedRedemption

You said showboaters led their teams nowhere.
    This is not about T-Will anymore. This is for your hatred of showboaters... considering you did root for Von back in the day...

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

When people latch onto something on this forum, YOU. MUST. JOIN. THE. CROWD.

FALL IN LINE, GRAB A PITCHFORK, AND JOIN THE LYNCH MOB!

18. inishi

inishi Member

Not to mention the fact that he makes poor decisions, is a terrible shooter, and wants to dominate the ball like Kobe when he is nowhere near good enough to do it. He's just another ****ing Darius Miles until he proves otherwise.

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

If it wasnt for the title, i would have thought that the person who got dunk on was Eddie Curry. How do you get that fat in one year in the NBA?

20. acjeitherocket