1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TWILL: Man Up or Stay Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 5, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He says he needs floor time to "showcase" what he can do. He still doesn't get it, which is unfortunate because he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. I hope the Rockets are talking to him and making an effort to get him to understand how to be a team player. If he flames out, then we just lost a future 1st round pick for nothing.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if he keeps on pouting, i wish Rick would give his slot to DeMare Carroll...he seems a defensive and hustler type of player..

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It's clear that Williams still has some fans here at Clutchfans, although I'm not sure why that is. Up until last night I've been looking forward to see what TWill could do. I can understand that he may not perform well in limited minutes during garbage time, but I was really disappointed in his body language in last nights game. Missing a shot or turning the ball over is one thing, but to stand on the court with your hands on your hips is not acceptable.

TWill had enough problems in New Jersey that they sent him to the D-league and then traded him. I think the Rockets were willing to give him a fresh start, but that didn't mean he was going to be inserted into the rotation without proving himself in practice first. Not one person here at Clutchfans, that I know of, knows exactly how he has performed in practice, so I don't know how anyone can say he deserves playing time.

I think a big part of the problem with TWill is that he feels he is a point guard, while the Rockets aren't necessarily looking for him to be the next Steve Francis or Aaron Brooks. Maybe Morey made a mistake in acquiring someone who doesn't fit our current system.

1 person likes this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

My take on TWill is this: there has been a "strange" tension between Morey and Adelman on this one from the beginning. My guess is that Adelman has not ever been on board. TWill rarely gets even a minute or two and when he does he plays out of control, trying desperately to prove himself. Result, he fails, miserably. The guy is in a very bad place and is likely not to advance under Adelman unless he calms down and stops trying to do too much in his "minute."

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

TheRealTWill
    Go tell them “@coachbadlee: @TheRealTWill Naw, jus waitin the whole game to see u play. wuz mad at coachin staff the whole time.”

[​IMG]

6. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i was one of the crybabies that wanted to see twill since we got him and bud was sucking big time. i still believe he is super talented, but seeing him try to get the inbounds pass almost every time last night even when they were passing to dragic tells me he is not trying to play his assigned role. he wanted to pg to show off instead of playing his position. to top it off, he did not try to play d at all. he is only in it for himself and for that, he is dead to me. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah just like with Gerald Wallace right? ;)

8. STR8Thugg

I think it is pretty clear that TWill haters are just gonna hate regardless... they gotta find someone to hate on now that AB is gone.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Regardless of what? Is Williams playing well and people still complaining about him? No, he not only played badly but showed no interest in playing last night. He deserves nothing.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Twill has shown flashes of potential for the And1 Streetball Tour. He should get ready to take his talents there soon.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why are we complaining about a player who gets no rotation minutes and deserves none. Put it to rest and enjoy our teams run towards the playoffs.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Even if Williams reached his full potential here I doubt he would be very useful for Adelman's offense.

At his best he's a streaky scorer with good vision. He'll never be worth much off the ball. To be honest, he's worthless to any coach unless he plays PG or improves many of the other facets of his game.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

4-0 when Twill gets minutes. :grin:

I know I know but its there. He gets to rest some guys and we win. Dont get worked up over a 12th man off the bench now. He only cost you a first rounder. Right Morey?

14. STR8Thugg

Against NJ and NO he wasn't bad. He just looked like he was trying too hard. Still, he made some nice plays and given more consistent mins I think he would do that on a more regular basis... Now I agree last night's game was terrible, but to just completely hate on a player over one game seems crazy to me...

15. DrewDice

DrewDice Member

Well, well...Looks like I pinched a nerve there. There's always a reason for everything, I'm glad I know too Terrence..thanks.

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

TWill>You

With that said the guy needs to calm down, play within the system and make an effort on the defensive end.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Please.

T-Whine has done nothing but own himself.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

It quite simple Rob. He stronger, faster and is known for his D.

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That has nothing to do with what I said...

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

And yet Buddinger gets playing time and T-Will sits on the bench...