1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TWILL: Man Up or Stay Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 5, 2011.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

and yet the rox won the game by 17 points... Why the hell is everybody so mad?

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You don't play experiments that have proven nothing when you're going for the playoffs.

Same with Wallace.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Everyone deep down knows we need a impact player that has potential superstar ability. We thought Terrance Williams was possibly developing into that but obviously he is just going through the motions while collecting a check.

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

i think its because there is no one else on the team to bash anymore i.e. brooks.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

T-Mac
    T-Will
    T-Ariza?

Aside from having '1' on their jerseys, all of their first names started with the letter 'T' and they all played SG/SF for us. Hmmmm..I think we're on to something guys.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Homo.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

because he almost single hand-idly took a 26-28 point victory down to a 17 point win. and if he would have at least showed effort and the lead dwindled just the same it wouldn't even be an issue. but we all saw he gave nothing

8. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

You have to earn your time and right now Courtney Lee is earning what used to be(for a few games) twill's time..

9. HookemHorns1250

Based on what observation?

10. STR8Thugg

Can't argue with this. Courtney Lee is awesome! I'm so happy we didn't trade him for that Omer Asik garbage...

11. STR8Thugg

Well he's not gonna develop into a superstar getting 5 mins a night, especially when he isn't even playing in every game. I'm not saying you just throw him out there, but Rick is and has always been a stubborn ass when it comes to giving players he doesn't like mins...

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's exactly what you are saying BentThugg.

13. MadRox

MadRox Member

TWill must get playing time, not much just play 1min a game!
    After the trade, we are 4-0 when TWill played, and 0-1 when he did not lol

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Since you are a UT fan, let me try and put this in a perspective that you might understand:

Take Garrett Gilbert, for example. A player of the year winner in high school, a 5 star recruit, and the top QB recruit out of high school, high school All-American and was recruited to one of the better programs in college football over the last several decades. Clearly the kid has talent, yet he looks absolutely awful under Mack the magnificent. Why, I do not know, but clearly he is a very talented player who is not panning out like people have hoped. He is also without a doubt the best QB on Texas' depth chart (although some people do not think so). Perhaps with MORE TIME and more practice under his belt he can convert these talents off the field with results on the field, but a 5-7 record clearly does not show that.

I feel that Terrance Williams is like this. He put up very good numbers in college and monstrous numbers in the D-league. Surely a great deal of this talent can transfer over for this player who has been in the league for only a few years. And we have seen a few flashes of talent shown in games throughout his career. It is the responsibility of both coaches and the player to see this talent flourish in the league. The unfortunate circumstance for Williams is that his effort is being rightfully questioned and it is up to him to fix this mental problem in order to gain more playing time in the league. I honestly feel that Williams can be a high-quality player in the NBA, but he will not reach this level without increased effort.

Sorry for the long reply. Boomer Sooner.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He definately wants to GTFO. Getting garbage minutes is as bad as getting send to the D-league for him. "He just stood there in he 3pt line doing nothing", reminds me of a tough leader we had. TW's ego vs Rick's ego. He's been degraded down to his knees that he just prefers to die than to live on his knees.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That's what all the T-Mac fans said last year. Of course Rick made them look stupid, just like he made the Francis fans look stupid the year before. Not sure why people continue to question him. He seems to know who should be playing and who shouldn't.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Then he is mentally too weak to be anything in this league.

18. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

IDK about yall,but Im about to get into that ass VIA twitter....smh

What was he doing tonight?:mad:

19. FullMetal Sage

Houston has the dumbest fans in sports...smh. That is all.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he's just misunderstood. Both are acting childish, the coach and twill can't even see eye to eye. WHo's the better man, the kid or the 65 year old coach?