1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This series is failing and falling big time.

Think about this : the rating of the second season is dropping pretty badly and rapidly, in fact, HBO did not even announce season 3 before season 2 started but it was announced in early to mid May when the rating is so bad and they tried everything to make it work (HBO may actually still cancel season 3 after all).

Anyway, what I meant to say is : other than the Ed Harris ** Marvel egg ** ending crap, EP10 had been shot like this is the series finale and the producer knew about it.

All questions answered and there are no more open ends.

Whether Ed Harris is human or not really doesn't matter, actually what made him changed - the so called "something beneath his skin that's so evil and scary" may actually be a more interesting plot. But that really isn't something that can drag out for another season.

If the so called plot for season 3 will be the bot/human war in the human world, that will be a big forking mistake.

The interesting attractions for this series is not the sci-fi element, nor its bot/human deep thoughts, its about the fantasy wild west world setting for the dream fantasy, since season 2, you are getting less and less of this kind of stuff, and once this will move to the real world, basically it will destroy the whole series for good.

Remember Prison Break? The first couple seasons were great, but once they have nothing to develop after the characters escaped from the prison, the series is dead.

Same here.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Dude,

ever heard of wifi and bluetooth?

I am sure there are way better remote access tools in that setting of the future world to upload your 'soul' back to the server.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

its all bullsh't craps just to make you think deeper, remember the baseline test scripts in Blade Runner 2049?

They are all gibbish but it just sound cool and stuff.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If this series ever will have a season 3.

The right approach will be : Arnold and Ford.

Whatever the fork happened after Williams first trip to the park are basically explained and meaningless now.

But who the fork is Arnold and if Ford actually is a bot or maybe both Arnold and Ford are both bots, these are more interesting stuff.

And more importantly, who the fork built Arnold and Ford and WTF happened to Arnold?

These topics at least will keep the story still inside the park and we may actually see majority of these old casts back also.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Delores puts his brain pearl into the server and uploads him there.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I think the original appeal was that it was a video game irl (plus boobs). They should look for other video games to imagine irl and move away from the half cyberpunk, half philosophical stuff.

I love sci fi and cyberpunk, but the way they tarrantino up the season is a flim flam excuse for superficial storyboarding. American audiences can't handle more than 3 simple things. That's why Black Mirror is popular because everything is self contained in 1 hr and all you gotta focus on is the awful morality play that episode presents. There's at least 10 morality plays going on per season, which is a lot to juggle on top of the timelines.

Who knows? I like the show because they reward patience. I'll probably watch all the seasons as long as I don't get JJ Abrahm'd with false promises and stupid red (ball) herrings. Just being critical for things that don't work when there's a lot I still like.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Other than the PRE Westworld idea for season 3.

If the creator will be brave enough, they can also go with another crazy route - server roll back.

remember when that guy called himself as the system mentioned to Bernard : I simulated this scenario of him 60 millions time but every time it still ended up as him abandon his son and let him die.

It is hard to believe the "company" will not have a backup data / server for the park somewhere and somehow.

Maybe Emily actually was not dead and maybe she actually was the key keeper for the backup server.

And then lets rewind this sh't back to the night when Ford will be shot to his head and then re-shot every single episode of season 2 but with a different ending and plot again. And using the roll back idea, same episode can have multiple ending or rewind multiple times.

But this time, all the bots will be having more self decision making power and there will be close to none human there to intervent.

This will matching perfectly with the idea 'choice' in season 3.

Yes it will be a huge risk to take to reshot the same sh't again, but it also will be refreshing to see how well the producer can handle this.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^They did roll back a lot in season one. A server roll back would be meta meta matrix-ception to the billionty level.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The roll back was done at individual bot level I believe in season 1.

I think what made 'sense' for the company to explain will be : the last saved point in the server of the data was the night that Ford got 'killed'.

Assuming there are 500 hosts and also 500 human guests in the park that night.

The server will have every single details backed up to create 1000 new bots and also re-shape the whole world back to that point.

That will be epic and much interesting to see how the producer can play with it.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So everything involving the Bernard waking up on the beach timeline was black Dolores and then black Dolores snuck some brain balls out of the park thanks to security-man-who-can-sort-of-read's help on the beach preventing black Dolores from being brain scanned.

now all the robits are going to chill in a dilapidated house and build some friends.

It's a good setup for a Beyond Westworld story of them taking over the world but needlessly convoluted. I think reddit detectives have ruined TV series.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

If they roll this back to a time when you can't save your game as you progress, I'm f'in out because that was hell.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

And the one question that keeps me up at night is when I run across Delores in Red Dead Redemption II, do I shoot her **** up, or just let her alone.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Finished it, need to watch a 5 minute explanation on the season because it was all over he place

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched a 10 minute explanation after every episode. I thought season 2 made a lot more sense than last season up until the last couple minutes.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Next season they need to ditch the multiple timelines gimmick. They've done it two seasons now, and each time it's made the show more confusing than it needs to be.

It also needs to ditch the "_______ is actually a host!" twist. That's tired at this point.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yup those are pretty much the two main problems lol!

Invisible Fan and Bandwagoner like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

This show is trying way to to hard to live up to the reputation of being abthinking show....really lost their entertainment value while trying g to accomplish this.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

After all this, I prefer the simpler times of the original film. Cancel the b****! ;)

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's a symptom of the reddit detective crap.