1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Following

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does anyone watch this show? This show just cracks me up every time I watch it. It's supposed to be a serious show I imagine but just the huge level of FBI incompetency in dealing with these crazed criminals leaves you laughing. It was never more apparent then in the last episode where the criminals got away on two different occasions. Kevin Bacon plays the most incompetent FBI agent that ever existed.

If you are into shows where the criminals run circles around the FBI and law enforcement, then this is the show for you. Of course, there are the few occasions where they get something right but that is usually left for the season finale episodes. This version of the FBI on this show would not be able to stop anyone and terrorists would run rampant in the US doing whatever they want any time they want.

I honestly don't know how this show hasn't been laughed off the air. I guess it works as a comedy. Last season was pretty hilarious but this season seems to be topping it. I certainly hope this isn't representative of the real FBI.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this is new and exciting

On a serious note, the show is ok. Way too many holes though, and like u said straight stupidity by the "FBI".

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watched about 1.5 seasons. Can a show have too much murder? I stopped watching when I stopped caring who died. First season was interesting though.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I kind of liked the 1st season. I tolerated the 2nd season because I liked the 1st. But no way was I going to sit through a 3rd season.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    I got lost in the middle of the second season
    I just kept thinking how incredibly stupid the FBI was
    and how incredibly lucky the villian got at every turn

besides .. . Hannibal was on and it was much better
    [and it strains credibility alot as well . . but at least it is entertaining]

Rocket River

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wife loves it so I watch most episodes.

It's pretty ridiculous. The killers have infinite resources, amazing planning and backup planning and are able to kill dozens of people with total impunity without ever getting noticed. The FBI are total morons, constantly getting outsmarted or falling victim to the fact that these psychopaths have access to limitless wealth, technology and expertise in every field of study.

It's just absolutely ridiculous.

7. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I watch it , crazy show .

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually just found out there is a third season.

This is a Netflix binge watch show for me. I don't think I could sustain it week to week, but watching a season over three or so evenings is pretty solid. I enjoy James Purefoy's acting as the bad guy, but for me the best part of the show was the bat **** crazy leader of the "Korban" cult and everything that happened there at the start of season 2. I was really disappointed when they killed him off.

And yes, plot wise it has as many holes as Swiss cheese. But Purefoy and Bacon can string together some enjoyable recitation of dialogue.

I'll watch season 3 once it's over and I'm desperate for a few evenings of TV that I haven't already seen

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

same here. Started the 3rd season and although it wasn't bad, it was more of the same and I tapped out

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I didn't even know there was a 3rd season until I saw it on my DVR. I watched the first episode, shrugged and went "meh", and canceled all future recordings.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm on my fourth or fifth viewing of Halt and Catch Fire, but I might give this a whirl. Is it different crimes every week or is it one group of killers, like a Mentalist Red John thing?

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've never seen the Mentalist, but it's a group of killers.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah they closed the first 2 season big bad last year, kind of a minor reboot. Have wondered if it's worth watching, first 2 seasons were ok but can't find the motivation to start season 3.