1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Amazing Race 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 29, 2010.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Blatant eye-sex during their interviews is a dead giveaway. I wouldn't hesitate to smash Cat, but Nat... nah, son. She has the jawline of a fully mature silverback gorilla, and the voice of a 16 yr. old boy.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LMAO! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out! You're right! I thought that was a product of an intense friendship. I disagree, if they are gay Cat is the Man she was really stoic the whole race; Nat was the one crying all the time.

I think Cat is pretty enough and check her backyard... A lot of the minor things can be ignored by a PHAT Backside.

Globetrotters in this next season! They had a chance last year but Big Easy was too damn trusting. I'm glad the Black Volleyball/Basketball girls are back. Going to the restroom before checking in was absolutely idiotic; I would pee on Phil and the person next to him before I take an extra self-imposed 'Detour'.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Least annoying team won in my opinion. Notre Dame guy got what he deserved, I still found the two hosts annoying. Only negative about them is that they are both doctors, on shows like these I root for the poorer teams to win, it means much more to them. Nat/Kat were already rich.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What a boring ending, that was terrible.....low drama, low excitement...meh.

I am looking forward to the next season though, looks like 4 or more teams back from this season as well.

DD

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Agreed, Brooke went out of her way to appear absurdly outgoing, and her mannerisms reminded me of a toy poodle. I wanted to kick the **** out of her for incessantly yapping. She was definitely hungry for the crown, but for the wrong reasons. She was using the show as a platform to further her career in the entertainment industry, and she was desperately trying to win over America the entire race with her over the top theatrics.

I'll be pulling for the cowboys and the Globetrotters in the next race.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Another thing I loved was seeing the two volleyball girls watch as not one but two all female teams finish 1 and 2.

I could see it in their eyes as they were clapping on, they were not happy that they got owned.

I agree the final episode was boring. I remember seeing earlier finale episodes and they were much more dramatic. This one had no real challenges, the float thing was barely a challenge, the bungee jump was just something to do, the closest thing was the game show but how is that hard at all? Seemed like all the teams got it on first try.

Fill that with a bunch of fake drama (Nat/Kat being clearly ahead but they kept making it seem like the hosts had a chance) and this is what you get.

Pretty much the entire race was decided on who got the better cab driver. Thomas/Jill's cab driver was a douche.

I would not be surprised if TAR rigged this up so that a female/female team would win. I mean how do you not know what the Internet is? The cab driver seemed like an actor that TAR told to eff up Thomas/Jill's chances.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Team ND wet the bed at the worst time. Couldn't believe they panicked.

Have no problem with Nat and Kat. I don't think they had one argument the whole time.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm a fan of the Globetrotters, but Big Easy is kind of dumb, and that's going to be hard to overcome. This last race was pretty boring with the finale. I've missed the last season or two so I'm not sure if it was the first time the final teams have taken out a journal to remember their legs. While it's smart do, it takes out a lot of the drama and makes it boring. The host describes the final challenge as "testing their memory", but there's nothing to test if you're reading from a journal.

9. SunsRocketsfan

yeah the last episode was not exciting at all..
    They tried to create fake drama with the traffic and tried to make it seem close. Oh well I think they really wanted a all girl team to win this time. I think season 17 is the season of jack ass bfs so I'm glad none of the couples won.

Chad is a jock who has a bad temper
    Mr Norte Dame cant be any more full of himself and looks down at his gf. He was okay in the last two episodes but you can definitely tell he's arrogant.
    but perhaps the biggest jack ass and douche of all was mr tattoo.

10. super_mario

super_mario Member

There's way too much luck involved. Basically, it came down to the fact that the doctors were able to find someone on the phone that would help them and the TV hosts had to stop at a hotel.

I think that they should run the race like the Tour de France and start everyone at the same time each day and keep track of the time behind the leader.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, that was a very disappointing finale. Basically the entire race came down to who got the best cab driver. I'm with whoever said the ND couple's cabbie may have been a plant. How can anyone know what GPS is but not know what the internet is? Come on.

You would expect harder challenges on the finale. I mean, all they did was bungee jump, complete an easy puzzle, then take a cab to the final. Really? That's it? That's your grand finale??

12. DaDakota

Maybe have the final utilize the cumulitive time, or allow teams to accumulate points along the way.....

I don't know...but last nights final was terrible.

DD

13. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Anybody else surprised that the ND guy didn't know who Sancho Panza's master was?

All he did all race was brag about his intelligence and the fact that he graduated from college while his GF was only a hairdresser.

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If the time was cumulative, Team ND may have won. Team ND had a 7-8 hour lead in Hong Kong which evaporated on the flight to South Korea and later lost a 30 minute lead over Team HSN on the flight to Los Angeles. I was surprised that the producers would allow one team to get such a large lead and surprised even more that the lead meant nothing in the next leg. Team ND's implosion was incredible.

A season long race should not come down to a taxi driver. However, I am glad Nat and Kat won. Would not want Team ND to win.

15. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

I agree that the finale was a big letdown. Cumulative time? Interesting, and I had never thought of that. Although that could also potentially lead to some pretty unexciting legs if teams gained huge leads.

I do think that generally, over the history of the Amazing Race, the three best teams get to the final, or 3 of the best 4 maybe. Now, the final leg is a crapshoot and often just based on luck, but at least it is usually the best teams that get to the final leg.

I wasn't frustrated with the team that won because all 3 teams in the finale this year were good. If the tatoos had somehow made it into the final 3, then lucked into a win b/c of a cabbie, THEN I would have been pissed.

16. DaDakota

If you did a cumulative deal and you added more U-turns etc...where if you got a UTurn but had already finished, you would have to do an extra task in the next leg.....so teams in the back could catch up some with teams in the front.

What do you guys think?

DD

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Just finished catching up on the Amazing Race.

I said it before but man, Brook is hot. Such a fun personality with a nice bod. Personally, I find her partner Claire to be more annoying than her. She's just so weak, always whining and bi**ing and holding Brook back.

I'm glad Jill and Thomas didn't win. I think they're assholes.

Nat and Kat seemed like they deserved it.

Brook and Claire don't need the money.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nat/Kat aren't they both surgeons?

They don't need the money either...

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ER Anesthesiologists. They said they just finished their residencies and Cat is doing her fellowship. They will eventually be rich but they aren't rich right now. at least that's what Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs taught me.

But still you're right, NDouchbag team needed the money more.