1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Amazing Race 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Saw a thread with the watermelon video, but no official thread.

Just watched the premier last night. Some interesting teams this time around.

- 2 "best friends" (who were they trying to fool...they were lovers)
    - 2 beach volleyball players (nice!)
    - birth mother and daughter (just weird....any really annoying)
    - dating bikers (didn't like them at first, but they are so stupid that they're actually entertaining)
    - daters with guy who went to Notre Dame (I love how he thinks that's the reason they are going to win....because he went to Notre Dame...)
    - Asian father and son from Sugarland (never seen any of their YouTube vids)
    - Home shopping channel chics (props to her for not even crying after that watermelon incident)
    - daters with guy that used to play football (his multiple roid-rage incidents should be fun to watch this season)
    - pageant queen and dad (boring)

That's all I can think of right now. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be a pretty good season.

Anyone else watching?

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Another season where the one black team gets eliminated first.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

The mother/adopted daughter combo seem to be extremely boring. Every time I hear either of them talk they sound like that "Schweaty Balls" lady on Saturday Night Live

Hopefully this will be a good season because I thought the last season was pretty boring.

4. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

After hearing about all the Emmys that it had won in the past I figure its time to start watching this show. The thing is I'm not so sure about watching the first 16 seasons to get caught up.

5. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

This apparently was only their 3rd time being together, so they probably still don't know each other very well. Could be a big disadvantage for this going forward

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I always watch....thoughts in bold above.

Like any other competition show, it isnt really necessary to have seen all the other seasons. Just enjoy each one as it is.

7. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Whoops. I guess the dryness of my remark didn't translate too well to the bbs. :grin:

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

So I know the Kevin kid and I worked with his Dad at a summer camp last year. The dad is really funny and is like that in real life.

9. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Re: Biker team....anytime you have to announce to people that you aren't stupid, you are probably stupid.

10. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i have seen some of Kevin's video on YouTube before.

did you see that girl get smacked in the head by a 100 mile per hour watermelon and completely smashed her head and broke into thousands of pieces? :) that's one of the best FAIL video i have ever seen.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Emmmmm beach volley ball players.

I like what I see.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you mean this one?

[​IMG]

I felt bad laughing at first, till later when the team themselves are laughing about it.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Don't usually watch these type of shows, but decided to go check out the first episode online. I don't have the patience, I like to sit down on an off day and watch the entire season. Having to wait a week, I usually forget throughout the season and never keep up with it. Plus, Americans, the most uncultured bastards in the world...traveling the world. ;) jk
    Random thoughts...
    The kid is Kevjumba, remember watching his vids a couple of years ago. Haven't really watched his recent stuff.
    The couple covered in tattoos....not the brightest.
    The doctors, pretty cute, and they're freakin' doctors. :)
    The black friends, I agree, probably more than buddies.
    And Chad is kind of a DBag.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love the show, and think it will be another interesting season.....the dumb couple, the raged ex jock, the volleyball girls who make names up for all the other couples, the Harry Potters, Kevin Jumba and dad, all going to be fun.

I began watching like on season 12ish, wish I could buy the first 11 or so.

DD

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I am surprised that woman didn't break her nose or any bones in her face.

I thought it was funny when the teammate said we've got to finish the race. Hold up! Your teammate could have died!

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

There's no reason why you would need to get "caught up" with the show. But if you want to watch some of the best seasons, you can watch season 5 (Most diehard fans swear by it. Haven't seen it myself.) or season 7 (This is the one with Rob and Amber from Survivor. It's a personal favorite of mine).

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, forgot about them. They went to an Ivy League school and sang in an a cappella group. I call them the Andy Bernards.

18. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Season 5 is the best? I might have to go back and watch it. I really started getting into this show on season 14 so during the breaks between episodes I'll start rewatching some past seasons

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I watched this show religiously from seasons 1-3. I was literally pumped up every week for the show. After that I got tired of it, watched sparingly seasons 4-5, and completely dropped it after that.

I watched the first episode for this season and I was entertained, maybe it's time to get back to watching this.

20. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Is there someplace online where you can watch previous seasons?