1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Sundance's Top Of The Lake Season 1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Thanks to bbs user Tallanvor for the heads up. You can catch the first two episodes on Uverse if you missed it on Monday.. Just go to your search function on your remote and search for 'Top Of The Lake.' Since this is on Sundance, it will not be on HD for Uverse subscribers.. Not sure about other cable providers, they have Sundance in HD? Channel 798 for Uverse subscribers.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/top-of-the-lake/
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pabAM7xIt3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody else watch this? Just watched the first 2 episodes on Netflix and they were pretty damn good.

3. Convictedstupid

I watched the first episode then didn't care to watch the 2nd. I should give it another shot. It's on Netflix.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They get better. I thought the first episodes were kind of slow actually. Some Silence of the Lambs creepiness with some twists and turns.

Is this actually going more than one season? I thought it was a short mini tv series.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah they were definitely slow, but they definitely gave off a creepy vibe for the rest of the series. I'm excited to see where it goes.

And yes I believe it's just a 7 episode mini-series, which I enjoy. Should just be a nice quick watch over the weekend.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

I thought the entire thing was slow and awful. Kept forcing myself to continue watching since there were only 7 or 8 episodes. Mistake.

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

Is this in HD anywhere?

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's definitely not for everyone. I've heard comparisons between Twin Peaks/Silence of the Lambs.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My take. Spoilered but I don't reveal any plot info.

1. It's "different". If you aren't into non-American TV, chances are you won't like it. But if you venture out a bit, give it a try.

2. The near-universal accolades this series got are not deserved IMO. 7.5-8.0/10.

3. The ending is just silly and blows the credibility of the whole series. Pulling a stunt like that is bush league stuff IMO.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

The biggest mystery of this show is trying to figure out whether Elisabeth Moss is hot or hideous.

Spoiler Alert: It was still unresolved at the conclusion of the series. She has a bangin body though.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seriously thought I was the only one wondering this...

I'm leaning 60/40 hot vs. hideous but I still have a few episodes to go.