1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Six Feet Under/Entourage finales

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by outlaw, Sep 13, 2004.

1. outlaw

outlaw Member

SFU - interesting. liked the camera work this episode. tied up a lot of loose ends while leaving enough for next season. awesome scene between Rico and Vanessa. Peter Krause also brought his A game for the finale. Too bad the show is not eligible for the Emmy awards next week. Episode grade: A , Season grade: B-

Entourage - eh. pretty mediocre finale and mediocre debut season too. Best thing about this show is Jeremy Piven and he's only on the show about 3 minutes per episode. I do like Kevin C's growth as an actor from his Unhappily Ever After days. Don't know if I'll be watching next year (has it be renewed yet?) Episode Grade: C- , Season grade: C

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I Tivo'd them both, and last night watched Entourage...It was ok, but the nudity helped out a lot...;)

I will be watching Six Feet Under tonight...

I can't believe there both over...:( What the hell will I be doing Sunday night?

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

The only reason I've watched any of SFU this year is because of Rico and Vanessa.... OK and Claire & co. But as for any of the other people, I just wasn't impressed with them this year.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought that was the best Six Feet Under episode all season. I really didn't see that whole Lisa's brother in law thing coming. It sucks that we'll have to wait another year and a half or however long it is....this is my favorite show on TV.

I tivo'd Entourage and I'll be watching it tonight, along with Dr. 90210 ;)

5. daNasty

daNasty Member

Heard great thing about this show but I haven;t seen a single episode of it yet. I'm totally hooked on The L Word. Now that's an awesome show!!:D

6. daNasty

daNasty Member

Damn, I'm trying to get a Tivo but the only problem is that I'm not from the US so pretty much finding out if its easy to hack the thing.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

IMO, that was the best SFU of the season. In fact, after watching it, I almost felt like it made up for a season that was, at least for me, a disappointment. The whole thing just felt disjointed and disturbing - more like an ode to disfunctionality and drug use than a portrait of a troubled family.

The acting was good as usual, but the storylines were obtuse with plots that seemed to come out of nowhere and just disappear into thin air.

The finale really brought closure to some things and left others wide open. It was hopeful (if gross with the nasty opening sequence) and felt like some of the earlier season episodes - like it actually meant something.

8. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I perfectly agree with this assessment. In earlier seasons I was a lot more into the characters and this season left me kinda disappointed in the direction the writers took claire and david (among others).

One thing I did like is that the writers actually made me feel guilty for Lisa being gone. I remember watching with my sister and actually rooting for Lisa to have died.... but when it really happens and you see the aftermath... it sucked. This show just bleeds life lessons.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the best season for SFU, the finale was one of the best episodes, but I gotta go with the David kidnapping episode as the best of this season. Some of the scenes in that episode were so intense it was hard to watch, it made me realize how scary something like that would be and how thankful I'd be to come out of it alive.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I freakin' HATED that episode. I mean, 30 minutes of nothing but David being tortured by some sociopath lowlife? WTF??? It took me like two days just to get over watching it. It sucked beyond belief. What's worse, your point about coming out thankful to be alive is exactly what DIDN'T happen to David. In fact, the way he became terrified and miserable is common with post-traumatic stress. It took an entire season and a visit from dear old dead dad to begin to set things right.

Apparently, HBO and the producers of the show received boatloads of complaints for that one.

11. outlaw

outlaw Member

by the time most shows get to season 4 they have to do something crazy & experimental to shake it up:

Buffy - Willow becomes a lesbian
    Friends - Monica & Chandler sleep together
    Sex & The City - Miranda gets pregnant

I thought it was the weakest season of SFU but it's still the best drama on television.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Watch SFU and I didn't see the brother in law thing coming at all...Very wierd...The Rico/Vanessa thing hits home and I hope I see MenuS next season...

Overall, a real good season, but I missed Arthur...