1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

Began watching "The Ranch" surprisingly good in a Juvenile humor kind of way. It's kept my interest, 9 episodes in.

2. omgTHEpotential

Just started YOU (Netflix). It looks like it's geared a little more towards the female demographic, but the first episode seemed pretty interesting.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Found out that male guy is dark and was part of Gossip Girl.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Has anyone seen John Grisham's The Innocent Man yet on Netflix. I just added BirdBox and The Innocent Man and looking forward to both. Also enjoying season three of Wanted (like Australian shows and the brunette is attractive in a librarian sorta way).

5. TheresTheDagger

I started watching this but haven't watched the rest yet. I was blown away by something that happened in the first 5 minutes or so. They were showing introductions of different soldiers filmed back then when they were young men and soldiers/sailors/airmen. One of the men said he was from Fairview, Montana....and I instantly felt a surge of shock. My own father (who was a WWII combat veteran himself) was from Fairview, a town that even today is less than 500 people....back then...probably about 100 or less.

This guy HAD to have known my father. Of all the people they chose for that intro...

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just finished up Jack Ryan - I thought it was really good show.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I remember being in town after college in the summer of '98 or so, one of my good friends from HS was going to U St. Thomas, another was at Rice. We enjoyed the old Maxwell's Pub (later it was Roeder's) on Alabama/Shepherd, and my buddy's UST friend was one of the bartenders who I'd hung out with a good bit.

One random weeknight I'm hanging with Rice buddy and we end up watching Frontline, the Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down) episode. About 5 minutes in, they are interviewing our bartender. "HOLY ****, that's....". We call other UST buddy and say "turn on PBS right now", he says "I'm watching! (click)"

A bit later we all ended up sitting around asking him about it. Damn, is all I can say.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#288 daywalker02, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  9. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Just finished She's Gotta Have It on Netflix. Pretty good show.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That was syndicated on Fox 26 in the mid-late '90s, pretty much the post SNL go-to without any cable. The only episode that sticks to memory is Antonio Saboto, Jr.'s.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don’t watch a lot of television, but I’ve been watching This is Us. It’s pretty damn good. It tugs those heart strings. I’m fixing to start season 3. I think the season is still going on, it’s on their winter break.

daywalker02 and DreamShook like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Great show. This is the one episode that stuck with me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempests_(The_Outer_Limits)

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I’ve been watching Justified after hearing the blitz discuss it frequently.

Gotta say, it’s a pretty damn good show and with 6 seasons already, it’s a great binge/show hole.

14. Buck Turgidson

I'd never steer you wrong. After the 1st season it's outstanding.

They're finally making a Deadwood movie, btw. #Olyphant

studogg likes this.
  15. studogg

Love it. I’ll get to your audiobook soon, too. The challenge is i would usually listen on the commute but 97.5 usually has it on lockdown.

16. studogg

Love it. I’ll get to your audiobook soon, too. The challenge is i would usually listen on the commute but 97.5 usually has it on lockdown.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched Mindhunter on Netflix. The show was alright. It was interesting enough but nothing I got obsessed about. The reason why I kept watching was that it looks gorgeous. Fincher had a Red camera custom built to film the show. It really does look amazing if people are into that sort of thing.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. omgTHEpotential

I really liked Mindhunter. Binged it.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Caught up on COUNTERPART
    Season Two

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That GF of his was a vixen. Really gud stuff with the interviews.