1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Utopia on FOX

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheMystery008, Sep 8, 2014.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I saw the commercials a few days ago.

So I started watching it today on demand.

While watching the show, it reminded me of Clutchfans.

It's like the D&D in there.

Show Sypnosis:

The series follows a cast of 15 men and women who are placed in isolation and filmed twenty-four hours a day for one year. The cast must create their own society and figure out how to survive. The series will be shown twice a week, but there will be online streaming 24/7 with 129 hidden and unhidden cameras all over the Utopia compound. The live streams will begin on August 29, the day when the 15 pioneers will enter Utopia. Over 5,000 people auditioned for the series. Every month three pioneers will be nominated and could be sent back to their everyday lives. The live streamers will decide which new pioneers get their chance to become Utopian.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

F**k this show

I swear to god if I had to see one more commercial yesterday I was gonna turn the game off and listen to the radio.

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Trying to keep an open mind with all the different opinions.

Pretty crazy show.

4. Summer Song Giver

I saw about ten minutes of it and knew I never wanted to see it ever again.

Bunch of blowhards, and while I agree with putting extremists of that sort together in an isolated interment camp I won't stick around to watch the aftermath.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I tried watching it. I really liked the concept but it ended up looking like another POS Big Brother drama/reality show. I turned it off after 15 minutes, I just have a strong aversion to most reality TV. If you like Big Brother/Real World kind of shows I think you will enjoy this one. I though they were going to actually try and make a utopia.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Will only watch if there are hidden cameras in the showers.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Discovery channel had a show with a similar premise called "The Colony". It had a bit of the overly dramatic production but overall I thought it was pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Colony_(U.S._TV_series)

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Yeah, it's too dysfunctional to call it Utopia. Extreme personalities rather than people that could or would make something like that work in any real way. I already watch Big Brother, so I don't need it for that fix. I was hoping for something a little more practical / productive, really, rather than an extreme persona train wreck. Not sure if I will continue to watch it for that reason.

9. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I remember the Colony, I was so excited for that show. I watched the entire 1st season and enjoyed watching them build up their camp but the fake drama is what ruined it for me. When that guy left in the finale to go back and "protect the city" from a fake outbreak I had to stop. These concepts are interesting enough on their own without injecting a bunch of manufactured drama.

Here is my improved concept of Utopia: Take 5 fairly charismatic people with strong visions of their own Utopia and let them each design and create their own unique utopia. Then let the network and the utopia leader fill it mainly with people who have agreeable views (maybe throw in a few troublemakers and a few people who are neutral). There are no scheduled vote-offs but they can vote people off if they choose to. Let the individual Utopias compete and have the public vote on which Utopia is the most successful or most attractive to them. It would be cool if they funded the Utopia as a prize after the show was over instead of giving away X amount of cash to the winner.

This show as-is is not going to make a Utopia, it will be Real World on a farm. I was hoping they could build something awesome.

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Nice idea, I see the vision.

I would watch it.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This show is awful and I hate myself for setting it to series record...

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I liked it OK. They throw in these extreme personalities to create tension and drama. I'll watch a couple more episodes before passing judgement.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I enjoyed the colony. This show I turned off after ten minutes once they started fighting about what to put in the box. It was turrible