1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm just hoping this next season doesn't include ANOTHER super than superfast speedster that Barry has to fight once he gets free.

I mean we all know he's going to get free from the speedforce's grips right...? Such a do-to-about-nothing cliffhanger.

Disappointing really.

2. Cranberry_Juice

So if you are standing next to him, do you get shocked? I mean who wants to stand next to a guy that has lightning coming out his arse.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

You could survive his lightning strike if you could divert the strike down your arms, around your vital organs, and then down to your feet. So adding some kind of rod to your finger tips in case he strikes would probably keep you alive. Key is for it to miss your vitals. But rods on both hands might send it through your heart. So it's tricky.

Cranberry_Juice likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Imagine playing flash as a charqcter on injustice 2!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This was the best Episode, honestly, would recommend.

Season 4 Ep. 7.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Didn't get to it yet
    but
    this season has been meh so far

I am glad that they made Barry realize how much of a hypocrit he and the team were in dealing with Plastic Man

Rocket River

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Any of you CFers still watch this show? If so, hope you're not invested in Elongated Man's character.

https://tvline.com/2020/06/08/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-fired-season-7-racist-homophobic-tweets/

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

"OMG, I'm so incredibly correct!!"

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kinda weird, too. To go after a small supporting character on a CW show? And some of those tweets are very old, so whoever dug them up, probably had something against the actor, personally.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still watch the show out of obligation to needing to see fine ass Candice Patton on my screen every week. It's a very large cast, but he was probably considered in that main cast now. They were building a whole separate story for just him with the introduction of his character's future wife Sue Dibney. His character was instrumental in many pivotal moments of the "core-main" cast. They were invested in the character, you could tell.

I bet this dude was trying to support the BLM movement for clout (or maybe it was sincere) and someone gave him his "this you?" moment. Good riddance. He really didn't look like the type, but you never know these days. There have been some shocking racists outed in the past couple months.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I still watch the Flash here and there (kinda dropped it in the middle of the Bloodwork baddie arc, or whatever his name was) and every time Dibny appeared on screen, I didn't like him. Found his character grating every single time.

Plenty of Flash characters to introduce and develop, if they think the show still has creativity. Elongated Man probably...stretched...the CGI budget, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or they recast. Could use another version from the multi-verse.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

iirc, all the different Earth-# versions have the same face, so that might not work. But then again, it's only a TV show, so maybe no one will care.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

On the different Earths, different people can be the heros. Jay Garrett is the Flash on other Earths. Superman was Brandon Routh's version instead of the guy used in Supergirl and in the upcoming Superman and Lois. I think on atleast one Earth, one character had the same name, but was a different person for 1 character.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Multiverse is gone due the events of the crossover.. lol uh oh.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...it's not. They think it's gone, but at the end of Crisis..there is a montage showing multiple Earths that various DC shows occupy. Stargirl (new show), for example is on a different Earth than Prime.

DreamShook and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stargirl's costume looked completely like Cap America's.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're right, I didn't forget about that. I don't think Earth Prime is pulling from the Multiverse for a very long time (if ever) is what I'm saying. I don't think CW is going to be dipping into the multiverse to get them out of a jam. They will have to say the crossover did something wonky and now Elongated man is Egyptian or whatever, lol.

Stargirl is a surprisingly fun show by the way.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dont want watch the show, but they can just sub Plastic Man. Same character, but with cool sunglasses.