1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show???] Hannibal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Mar 28, 2013.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah that episode would work perfectly if you were binge watching it but kind of disorienting if you are watching it on live broadcast.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I had these issues too
    Need to rewatch and pay closer attention my self

Rocket River

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Anyone watching season 3? I think i'm done with this show. The constant hallucinations are just annoying (and a crutch for ****ty writers). These artsy hallucinations have no bearing on the story at all which isn't progressing because episodes are wasted on these pointless hallucination sequences.

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

During these first two episodes, at one point or another I've questioned whether or not every single scene was a dream/hallucination. It's definitely getting annoying. I'm certainly not going to quit watching based on two episodes though, especially when I enjoyed the previous seasons so much.

5. GRENDEL

I personally like the hallucinations myself and they have always been a part of the series, maybe not to this extent but still.

I think once we get further into the series they'll dial it back a bit but do think they are making a point since it was after fairly major events for Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) and Will Graham, each episode has been told from their perspective.

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I didn't mind the hallucinations and dreams in the previous seasons, but they have gone way overboard this season. It's to the point where I'm more confused than entertained. Hell, I'm wasn't even sure if Abigail was still alive or just part of Will's imagination until I read some discussions/reviews this morning. I do agree that it'll likely get dialed back pretty soon.

7. tallanvor

In previous seasons the hallucinations or dreams where used to show how a murder took place to move along the story. Now they just show random bull**** in the hallucinations they serve no purpose.

8. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I've never been turned off to a show that I liked so much so quickly.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have to agree . . . . I fell asleep on the last episode twice
    and still have not finished it completely.

I knew Abagail died mainly because . . . .they were trying to hard to convince us she wasn't

I dunno . . . .this is just . . . attempting to be confusing and artsy
    just tell the d*mn story already

Movie Will Graham was never this *****ed up . . . .

Rocket River

10. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. Just get on with the story, I was fine with it when Will was "sick" and there were other cases to solve. This just feels like I'm waiting around for a story to happen. So tell it.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am trying to figure out why Will is in Italy anyway
    Are we to believe he is still in the CIA?
    If not .. . who footing that bill

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  12. tallanvor

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

14. GRENDEL

Only a few episodes in and we haven't gotten to the Red Dragon portion of the story but I think the real reason for the cancellation is the rights issue with Clarice Starling. Showrunner had stated he wanted to do a version of that storyline next season but apparently there's some tricky rights issues at play and I get the feeling NBC doesn't want to mess with it.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I suspect the ratings being disastrously bad for network was a bigger reason. I'd be slightly surprised if the show didn't get picked up by Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think this season has been as good as the first three episodes of S2, and considerably better than S1 (which I wasn't crazy about, though I hate procedurals so maybe that's why).

16. GRENDEL

Wasn't really a huge ratings earner to begin with and I'm with you, I've enjoyed these first few episodes.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Outstanding.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Digestivo was among the best episodes of any series I've seen in the last few years.

19. GRENDEL

Last 2 episodes were just spectacular. Really impressed how they closed out that half of the season. Red Dragon stuff should be a good way to go out...