1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show???] Hannibal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm nobody likes this show? Just saw the first episode and it was pretty good.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yeah I caught up on it over the weekend, I enjoyed it I will continue watching for sure.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

I think they have to give this show some type of award for its sound effects. It's the best I've heard from any TV series.

4. FishBulb913

I do wish it was more of one continuous complex story than a different case every episode or every other episode, it does have certain aspects that are continuous but not as much as I typically like in a drama.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Great show. Acting is top notch. Seems more like an HBO-type show. Very gruesome and gory for a national broadcast channel. The guy that plays Hannibal is great.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I wasn’t really sure about this show but I was impressed at how stylish and well done it was. The performances are all strong and I like where the overall arch is going.

Personally, I hate procedurals but this one does enough outside of the usual to keep things interesting.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>'Hannibal' renewed for second course <a href="http://t.co/7lyaIt6K7G" title="http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/30/hannibal-renewed/" org_href="http://ow.ly/lyVQc">ow.ly/lyVQc</a></p>&mdash; James Hibberd (@James_Hibberd) <a href="https://twitter.com/James_Hibberd/status/340247766708142082" data-datetime="2013-05-30T18:26:03+00:00">May 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. FishBulb913

This show would be so much better if it was on showtime or HBO. Also, does anyone else feel that the personality of this Hannibal doesnt quite match the one from the movies? possibly because he hasn't been caught yet?

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I was kind of hoping NBC would drop it and a cable network would pick it up (supposedly A&E had interest). I like the show a lot, but it'd be nice to see it move towards being more of a serial vs. a procedural. Could still be a possibility.

I think that's the idea, this portrayal of Hannibal can't be too over-the-top since he's still trying to blend into normal society.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I liked it.
    So far it is pretty good.

Rocket River
    I will continue to watch.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Show is well written. I'm hooked.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I'm also hooked

especially on Dr Bloom ;)

13. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Have y'all seen the unaired episode? It's on iTunes. Just bought it, wonder if it is that insensitive but it's a show about murder so of course one episode would be a little touchy. Btw episode is called ceuf.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

To answer your question, yes, this appears to be a television program.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they've done a pretty remarkable job being gruesome thus far. There has been plenty of blood and gore...I'm not sure what more you would want.

As for Hannibal, I would say it has been done well. You don't want to do an impersonation of Hopkins work but at the same time I do see similar cold blooded, calculating and psychological profiling I would envision a young Hannibal would do.

I was very skeptical when it started but I have been impressed so far

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm actually surprised with how gruesome/grotesque the corpses and murder are depicted. I do wish it had less procedural qualities though.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Much better than The Following *grin*

Rocket River

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

hannibal is the ******* devil

19. SmeggySmeg

kinda feels like they have put themselves in the one season getting renewed for another corner, a showdown in the last ep, with Will either guilty or somehow turning it on hannibal...... unless of course will doesnt say anything about working out that is hannibal...... now there is another series, be interesting to see how Will gets off... perhaps hannibal will come to his defense... likely by committing another copycat while will is in custody

20. SmeggySmeg

thoughts on the season finale?? and where it goes