1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Gotham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Agreed. Will definitely watch next week. Got to love DVR.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I actually thought everyone did well except for McKenzie. As Gordon, he was just too...wooden.

Really liked Fish Mooney.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

She tries way too hard. Terrible casting. They should have just had Lew Moxon or Sal Maroni be this character.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thought it was decent, acting was a bit hamfisted but I was kind of expecting it from early reviews. It kind of beat you over the head with foreshadowing but I've heard it settles in pretty quickly.

I liked it a hellva lot better than the first episode of SHIELD... or the rest of the season before Winter Solider....

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea I stopped watching Shield about a month in. Did it get better eventually?

6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

God damn, Commissioner Gordon looks so much like Bud White that I had to go and watch L.A. Confidential again when I finished this show.

[​IMG]

Even McKenzie's mannerisms reminded me of Russel Crowe here.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's up there as one of the greatest shows ever written, IMO.

8. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Agents of SHIELD starts pretty well, goes into a trough in the middle, and once the Captain America 2 theme kicks in, becomes really really good. Those last 4-5 episodes, I would put on par with average Game of Thrones episodes, pretty damn good, not mindblowingly amazing yet.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

The scenes with Bruce Wayne didn't work for me. Maybe it'd be better if those scenes were worked diferently with less reliance on the kid's acting.

I got the feeling they were making an allusion to the 60s series

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tvFTehrXHak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

really? i stopped watching after 2 or 3 episodes.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I did the same thing. Gotham started better and hopefully will be worth keeping in the rotation.

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

1st show was decent, will watch next week.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought Agents of SHIELD was pretty bad for the first 6 episodes or so, got a little better when Paxton joined the show and became watchable after Winter Solider events.

Didn't find any thing amazing about it throughout the whole first season and nowhere near the zip code of GOT but that's just me...

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can say it finished strong
    As long as it does not revert to HOW SKYE CAN F'UP AND SAVE THE DAY THIS WEEK again . . . .

Rocket River

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Some of the plot had major holes. Gordon interviews Ivys mom and she says he isn't a killer, not capable of that... but he shot at and tried to stab Gordon. Bullock says they can't tell the truth because that means he killed an innocent man.. What? He was about to stab Gordon when he was shot. Makes no sense.

ico4498 likes this.
  16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I thought the premiere was pretty weak. As a Batman fan, I'll watch a few more episodes to give it a fair shake. But it failed to meet my already low expectations.

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

watching it right now.

so far is meh. but just got to the first commercial.

just introducing stuff,

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought it was a solid episode. Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. They weren't as subtle as I would have liked when introducing characters.. we get it! It's the Penguin! They really didn't give the audience anything to look forward to either. If you compare that to Arrow and The Flash pilots which had the Deathstroke Mask on the island and
    Gorilla Grodd and time travel
    teases.

I really wish they would have treated this show like the Year One comics. Just focus on Gordon but have Bruce Wayne and Batman in the background.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Wow some of yall are way too harsh on the show, makes me wonder what yall expected. I think it was pretty good entertainment. They did a good job of introducing the characters and I think it will get more involved with character development as it goes. I will definitely record the series, at least for the foreseeable future.