1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Gotham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 24, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Logue was awesome in Terriers. Hope the rumor is true.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Hehe my high school math teachers son

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Looking forward to it!

8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0d1zpt6k5OI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It would be much more interesting if it was on the CW.

This actually looks pretty good. Ben McKenzie did pretty good on South Land. The cast of the Penguin, Riddler, Cat Woman and Poison ivy look very good.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Shows with large ensemble casts are hard to pull off in prime time. Sci fi and soap opera-like dramas are good exceptions with its audiences trained to keep track of it, but for action?

How much sexposition can you cram in on network TV to keep every character in the loop of people's minds?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont know about this show.. What's the point of a show based in Gotham with no Batman payoff? It just seems to me this is going to be a Police procedural with young Batman characters sprinkled about. You know this will be a procedural and not a serial show, especially on FOX. I'm not convinced. Fox is so afraid of over-arching storylines I feel this might be a dud.

Like someone else said, this show would have been better on CW where they don't really put their hands on the shows.

12. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Can't wait :cool:

[​IMG]

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=902008566495801" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=902008566495801">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX">Gotham</a>.</div></div>

13. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Looking forward to the premiere, although I have somewhat low expectations tonight's episode. I think the series will pick up after the initial episode is out of the way. I foresee them trying to cram shots of every villian to start the series off with a bang then settle into a nice procedural drama with Batman's rogue galley cycling through the plots in future episodes.

It's a good time to be a DC fan! Gotham, Flash, and Arrow

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think this is going to be a really difficult concept to pull off well. If the villains weren't way over the capabilities of Gordon to handle, then there would be no need for a Batman. I always considered most of Batman's most popular foes to be roughly his age, so how many are really appropriate to show up at the time of Bruce Wayne's parents death? It seems like most of them should be kids at that point.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If there is one thing you can always change in comics, it's continuity.

I also am coming in with low expectation cuz I'm not sure what to expect. But that's good because I'll be able to just enjoy the show instead of just critiquing everything.

16. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I think the concept has potential, but this seems to be one of the major issues. The whole concept of Nolan's Batman is predicated on Batman emerging when the dawn is darkest. I doubt the show will be very successful if it just depicts Gotham's downward spiral.

If it were HBO behind this, I would hold out greater hope, but with FOX? :(

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Green Arrow was a pleasant surprise. Flash introduction seemed pretty good too. Origin stories are always interesting. Villains have been more or less undefined by the movies, and most TV watchers know very few of them, like me. So they have a real opportunity to not only introduce villians with some explosive CGI, but then dial in later on how they came to be. but I think they should do it in that order like Green Arrow as it's more interesting. I wish this series well.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

By the way, is that little kid in the Iron Man movie supposed to be someone important?

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Acting is terrible

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I liked it. Show definitely has potential.