1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Gotham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 24, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It wouldn't. This is just a lame way of getting people to watch another derivative cop show by making it take place in the Batman universe for no good reason.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I can only dream that this would be some cop show styled after that mortal kombat short film that came out a few years ago.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think this show will do well at all.

Gordon absolutely needs Batman to play off of. I don't think you can flesh out / peel back the layers of Gordon's character without Batman.

The show will center around Gordon for a while, but by mid season, I'm sure people will only be tuning in for the villain aspect.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They could probably make a whole season out of the Falconis. Make it an actual detective show showing Gordon trying to piece things together.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

How is that different from any of the other countless detective shows that are already all over the television?

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

No Batman, but have they made it clear there wouldn't be a Bruce or Thomas Wayne? When Smallville was good Clark Kent never had the tights on.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Rumors for the pilot are surfacing.

Can anyone guess who they're talking about ;)

http://screencrush.com/fox-gotham-tv-series-batman-double-homicide-thomas-martha-wayne/

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah without Batman I don't see how this is any different than other police show. It just seems like they are using the name as a hook to get people into something rather pedestrian.

I am wondering how much "Marvel Agents of Shield" influenced Fox to do this.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I tend to agree that this will be a hard show to pull off, especially starting with the rumored Wayne double homicide as the pilot. Gordon can't be that much of a bad ass or there would be no need for Batman. At the point of the Wayne murders, there wouldn't be much of the Batman rogue gallery around to pick from. Could be an interesting concept for a mini-series, or movie even, but it will be tough to pull off as a long term show.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Fox's 'Gotham' Prequel Promises a Young Bruce Wayne, Classic 'Batman' Villains

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, thats not encouraging, young Bruce Wayne already sounds desperate.

I knew Bruce Wayne would have to be a part of the show, but i figured it would work best to let the show establish itself and then build up the the Wayne family arc at the end of the season. There is plenty of Gotham lore to work with entirly independent of Batman.

But good writers can make anything work, so we'll see

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Would have been more interesting if Bruce Wayne were the main character. I mean, just seeing the exotic cars, hot women, and how he comes up with creative ways to break dates and get out of board meetings/parties/charity functions to go do Batman stuff is probably interesting enough to fill half a season or more.

If Batman really existed, he can probably only spend 25% of the time being Batman. It seems to me how the other 75% differs from us average Joes would be pretty interesting.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Smallvilling of Batman

Rocket River

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I ain't even mad. Smallville had some cringeworthy moments, but overall was a great show for comicbook geeks.

Arrow is a fantastic show too.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Loved Smallville, even with the cheesiness.

Now I'm beginning to worry that it's going to be way too much overkill on the superhero schlick. Especially with the whole Superman vs. Batman crap trying to combat Marvel and the Avengers stuff.

16. Svpernaut

Hopefully they've learned from Agents of SHIELD to tone it down a bit.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't really get how Bruce can be 12 years old and still have classic Batman villians since most of them are around his age? And if Gordon was able to deal with the classic Batman villains, there would be no need for a Batman. Regarding the final episode of the series will be Bruce Wayne putting on the cape, I wonder if they mean the final episode of season 1 or the entire series? I'll check it out, but seems like it would be better off just being a live action Batman like Arrow.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Donal Logue offered Commissioner Gordon role in ‘Gotham’

http://batman-news.com/2014/01/14/donal-logue-offered-commissioner-gordon-role-in-gotham/

All I know him from is Grounded for Life. How is this guy's versatility?

19. Svpernaut

20. CCorn

CCorn Member