1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv] Parks & Recreation Series Finale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by leroy, Feb 24, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Terrific ending to a terrific show. One of my favorites of all time.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Might be the greatest series finale that I've ever see. Everything was so complete, and every major character got an ending. Even Jean Ralphio lmao

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ron Swanson made a run at George Costanza as my favorite character in a tv comedy.

Still think I'm going with George, but it's close.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jean Ralphio is legendary comedy. Might have laughed every time he came on screen.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Maybe the best finale of any comedy show ever

I also this marks the end of the last great network TV show.

Parks and Rec went out on top, not many shows can say that. A lot of people didn't think it could live up the the hype of the Office when it debuted, but imo, it far surpassed anything the Office accomplished. Probably one of my 3 favorite comedy shows of all time. It never hit a low point and maintained its high quality through the entire run.

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't watch this show much at all but the finale couldn't have been as bad as the one for "Two and a Half Men". I don't think I laughed once the entire hour. And, the ending was really lame imo. Such a complete letdown for me. They totally phoned in that last episode imo.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If you didn't watch the show, you weren't invested in the characters and didn't care about their future after the last episode.

The finale' was delightful and positive like the rest of the series and like Leslie.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Everything turned out well for every character, and I think that was perfect for this show. Expected a little more at the very end right before it went to the credits but enjoyed it all the same.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Just watched the post-finale Seth Meyers episode with the cast of Parks. That was an amazing and sad thing to watch. The cast has such incredible camaraderie that it's a shame the show came to an end (however great the finale was).

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Aubrey Plaza making out with Jim O'Heir had me in tears. Absolutely killed me.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

It was full on no-holds-barred, too. Lucky guy.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ugh, what assholes, that Hulu is. I waited until Wednesday to watch it and they only uploaded the broadcast version. They wait an extra day to upload the Producer's Cut? Lame.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He was like a Jim Halpert character who was supposed to be detached and cynical with untapped potential: then evolve into a leader, long-term love interest and straight-man for Leslie. Also similar to the Aryans on Boston Legal (Bowen and Mark Valley) who had to be written out when all of the wacky recurring characters better complemented Shatner/Spader and forced Kelly to deviate from his Practice/McBeal template.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Except he was just a general ass hole, which Jim also became in the 2nd half of the office

Best move parks and rec made was cutting him loose

18. Buck Turgidson

Finally watched it last night. Great final episode to a great series.

Was thinking the same thing, Nick Offerman can't get back on TV soon enough.

I think it was Ben, the Secret Service guy leaned in and spoke to him first, then looked at Leslie.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's the same age as Rob Lowe give or take. Cruel world.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just watched the Producer's Cut. Aside from some added lines here and there, these were the more memorable additional parts:

Added scene for Andy/April.
    Extended scene for the Sapersteins.
    Added scene for Tom.
    Extended scene for Ron.
    Added future for Jamm.
    Added future for Shauna.
    Added future for Bobby Newport.
    Extended scenes in the reunion with Garry/Ron and another with Tom/Ann.

The finale was probably one of the most complete, fulfilling conclusions of any show I've seen. I wasn't one who initially watched it from its pilot. I tried the Pilot on Netflix and gave it up for being boring. Tried it again months later and made it through season 1 and I'm glad I did. Binge watched seasons 2-6 thereafter.

One thing I'd like to comment on is when did they stop doing the interviews? I never realized until this last episode, but it slowly and gradually stopped. The transition was pretty good for me not to notice, but then again I binge watched it so it didn't have time to absorb for me. I did like the interviews, though. I wonder why that idea got lost.