1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

In their view he's an alien that has advanced technology and arrived through a dimensional gateway.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

hmmmm......that makes sense. Ok that was my only gripe with show.:cool:

3. So Good

So Good Member

I think in the movie they said he's a demigod, so technically not a full god just half.

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Pretty much this lol. I will continue watching because of her. I thought it was pretty good, not the best tv series out there but it's enjoyable. Pretty sure it'll get better as the season goes on.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You haven't been close to his arms. swoon

I'm guessing that he's either a cyborg now and possibly the new Deathlok or a Life Model Decoy (LMD), which is a SHIELD designed robot that mimics people down to the fingerprints. They've shown that they are drawing from the SHIELD mythos already with the car Lola, which is obviously a nod to Nick Fury's car:

[​IMG]

6. Illegal Machine

You're thinking of Hercules, bro. Thor's mother isn't human.

7. Illegal Machine

^This. That's how he's viewed in the comics, too.

8. Illegal Machine

I thought it was really cheesy. I might give it a couple more chances, but I'm not looking forward to it.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought it was ok but hardly a great pilot, acting was terribly stiff pretty much all around and the dialogue was pretty hammy. I'll give it a watch but hope it improves.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Recently? I hate how Marvel has turned their comics into a big marketing machine for the Movie continuity.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's Sky right?

She is soooooooo hawt.

So is Mike Peterson, Luke Cage or Adrian Peterson's brother?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hot chicks fighting? You want to watch tough guys instead?

[​IMG]

13. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Nothing wrong with hot chicks fighting, the choreography is ok, and it's mostly stunt doubles doing it anyway. But what I'm saying is there aren't any strong male characters to go with the fight girls. Just stiff dudes in suits. Would love to see Samuel L. Jackson show up from time to time as Nick Fury, but as it's broadcast TV, not likely gonna happen.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hollywood views broadcast television differently now. It's held in much higher regard. Considering the length of Samuel L's contract, I'm sure he wouldn't mind adding a few thousand here and there for a cameo.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I remember reading he'll be popping up here and there.

16. YaosDirtyStache

A bit underwhelming seeing how they plugged the show more than Jenna Jameson was plugged by Mr Marcus. I think they should have established a villainous character, because as of now it seems like its gonna be just another one-off program where they find and get in to a moral tussle with a newly powered human.

Hopefully this was just them trying to work in the character introductions and slowly work towards a bad guy.

It REALLY cant be that hard to write compelling superhero television...I guess time will tell.

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Didn't meet expectations but will continue to DVR it for a bit more....though I want MORE!

RE: Coulson. Didn't I hear a character say, "he (Coulson) doesn't know?"

Makes me think he's a droid (LMD)

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Shepard Book said that.

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

In the comics, the main arch enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D is the criminal/terrorist group H.Y.D.R.A. led by a former Nazi general, hopefully they will introduce them later this season. For now it's just battling superhumans with super powers because that's what the Marvel fans are accustomed to seeing.

The show is basically a 1 hour promo for Marvel superhero movies, and I think the producers planned it that way.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Heroes was pretty amazing for the first season. Then they let the creator / main writer go and it went to ****. I think this show can be solid, but I don't think it'll ever quite be that good.