1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was just referencing how distraught Stark was in Avengers when he learned Coulson died vs how he would react to it now. He wouldn't care. None of them would; and neither would I.

His death could only have been meaningful to those still in SHIELD. Much more meaningful than the death of some guy who was kind of apart of the group for a little bit.

Plus Gregg can't carry a show (see: Agents of Shield aka weakest Marvel property out there). He's only good enough to be spot comedic relief, as he was in the movies.

Anyway it doesn't matter cuz he's still alive. Things went very predictable in a lame way. Lincoln died, Daisy sulked, Mack was big but gentle guy, Clark Gregg delivered his lines in his signature lifeless monotone way, May was meh, and Fitz and Simmons did nothing out of the ordinary.

Probably time to remove this from my DVR. Seeing emo Quake run from Coulson for a bit only to eventually reunite with him isn't enough to get me to watch next season.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I feel like Lincoln's death carried some weight. He was a character I began to care about. And he was very important to Daisy of course. I'm still enjoying the show very much for what it is and its come a long way from those first six awful episodes of season one.

I'm kind of meh at Daisy's emo look but she's so fine it doesn't really matter. So the next season is going to be dealing with heroes/vigilantes dealing with the super human registration act. I'm all in for that.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mac, Ftiz, Simmons are they only characters I care about. Everyone else gets a big meh from me.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They Marginalized May so much
    I still miss Ward being Ward instead of the squidbeast

They have to get back to the SPY stuff
    they are too much like SWAT

They have too many default 'winning' plays
    but that is expected some

Rocket River

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Rendered her pointless. Wasted.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I never really liked Ward in all his incarnations. Bad Ward was of course the best.

May did have that boring story line with Blair Underwood/Lash charter. Made me feel very little for her. I liked her a lot better when we only knew her as "The Cavalry". I thought her lack of backstory made her more intriguing.

Eliot on LEVERAGE (TNT) was a similar character. We knew very little about his character besides him being a bad ass. The only glimpses into his charter's history were little anecdotes he would tell without flashbacks. I thought it was great! I think they should have done the same thing with May on AoS.

1 person likes this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Lash storyline should have been good, IMO. The execution was absolutely horrible. Lash (if more like the comics version) vs Hive could have been a great storyline as they had opposing agendas. AoS would basically be caught playing cleanup as one group tries to spread inhumanity and the other tries to limit it to the deserving.

I do like the comparison to Eliot to the Cavalry before the Lash storyline.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have zero desire to even watch the last episode. The fact that it's a 2 hour episode is really turning me off. I think I am done with the show. I could use a fewer shows in my rotation anyway.

9. hvic

hvic Member

Simmons and daisy. I just love Simmons accent

10. PhiSlammaJamma

What happened on the way to retrieve Thor's hammer?

11. conquistador#11

I don't know about hammers or silly gods with capes. "Out the frying pan, into the fire, transform like the ghost rider" I heard season 4 was about the ghostrider so I'm watching this show. Really liking it so far even though poor ghost rider, technology still can't get a burning skull right. Maybe they should try a real skull with real fire. Is this show worth going back to season 1?

Really bummed out there is no more agent carter. =(

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This show has surpassed Flash and all the CW shows.
    It has been so good this year.

Rocket River

FLASH21 likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Agreed, I loved Flash but its taking a toll on me how much he's just chasing around a faster speedster. Especially now that he knows his GF is about to die all they are doing is stabbing at random events to try and change the future. Too sulky and boring.

I love AOS, the person that just died kinda hit me hard. Fitz turning to the dark side is becoming extremely interesting, including his love for la machina.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Evil Fitz is just the greatest thing about the show
    His bumblinh fumbling was cute at first but got old
    The confident evil Fitz was ruthless and efficient
    Had to love that

Evil May was still May but Evil Fitz was a totally different guy

Rocket River

FLASH21 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All the black people left in the framework.. smh..

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That kind of bothered me . . . but I expect it won't remain that way

Rocket River

17. droxford

droxford Member

Completely disagree. I've been watching AOS since the beginning. The show is now complete crap. It stared turning to crap with the whole Aida-android crap.

and.... crap.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm with you. Been a big fan from the beginning but this season they have nearly lost me as a viewer. Ward...again?

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Show has been pretty bad from the beginning. It serves as background noise. To expect more is silly.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's been okay. Can't compare to season 1's second half.

As far as super hero shows go, it's the only one I currently watch, but I'm comfortable going a few weeks without it and binging them. Can't stand Flash after season 2 was crap. Gave up on Arrow after its horrible season 4.