1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

If you ask me, the best episode of the entire series so far just aired tonight. Man, that was INTENSE. Between Ward's actions and finding out what happened to Skye's mom... Good lord. This show has gone to some really dark places.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, this show is pretty good now. Too bad no one is watching.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This episode was pretty good, but last week's was dumb and boring. Not sure what the ratings are like but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canned.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The show really has gotten sneaky good. They screwed up royally with that lame first half season, people left and never came back.

It's a show I really like now, so as long as its stays on I'm happy. Given that Disney owns ABC and Marvel, I doubt it gets cancelled.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given that they are about to premier that related "Agent Carter" show, I don't see that happening in the near term.

Even if it isn't making money, it builds brand awareness and excitement among the hardcore fans of the ultra - profitable films.

Think of any losses as marketing costs.

Marvel Studios and ABC both operate under the Disney umbrella, and the films are driving profits much more than the TV channel.

#285 Ottomaton, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Melinda May is now a pointless character. The new characters brought in have way more screen time and story. I bet Ming-Na Wen is pissed.

She has had nothing to do for several episodes. If they want to go dark like this she should just murder several people and have it be borderline ethically.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It seems like next episode they are doing something with her character but we'll have to see if it pans out at all.

I definitely thought this latest episode was a good one especially the reveal of Skye's mom at the end. The question is now is what exactly was so special about her mom?(Alien, Mutant, Inhuman????)

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Thought I would bump this because last night was an extremely good episode. It's finally starting to feel like the comic book adaptation I wanted from the start.

Numerous comic book references yesterday, and it certainly looks like they might be heading towards Inhumans. Not to mention Skye had one of the most well choreographed fight scenes I've ever seen on TV. Different characters with their own angles and agendas, while constantly weaving in new ones. I love it.

And I hope Mack isn't dead, he was a cool character.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trying to figure out how her mom managed to be capture twice by the same dude in the same area

Why did she not move .. . leave. . . something!
    He relationship to 'dad' needs explaination too . . . who powered up who?

Agreed. I think inHumans will be this wor;d's Mutants
    [they cannot use Mutants because those belong to the X-Men]

Rocket River

10. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Still watching. Need more Bobbi! The scene with her and Coulson :grin:

11. Bandwagoner

Good point, after 50 years of not aging she would almost certainly be an outcast. The problem is you can't really poke holes in the internal logic of a show based on a comic book. She was a dumb innocent native being preyed on by the evil Germans.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So Skye is officially Daisy Johnson (aka Quake), and the Inhumans are clearly a go, which will probably somehow tie into Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver also.

Now the show is gonna do what it should have done last year, instead of stalling, the show is just gonna go on hiatus until March, so it can smoothly tie in to the Avengers.

13. Bandwagoner

they pumped major cash into these last few episodes. Effects were noticeably better and so were the fights.

14. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Really awesome episode.

15. Bandwagoner

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Show's been much better this season and yes, please more Bobbi the rest of the season....

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would also like to mention how cool it was when Skye popped Ward. I expected her to not be cool with him, but i didn't expect her to cap him like a G. No emotional speech or anything.

Aside from being hot she was a fairly annoying character last season. This season she's been a complete badass, and now she has superpowers. I could easily see Marvel wanting to transition her to the movies, they're looking to replace their current stars with a new cheaper crop.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The death of the agent at the end seemed kind of pointless. HE didn't heroically save someone , he just ignorantly stumbled into the wrong room at the wrong time. What marvel character did the Reyna lady turn into? any of you nerds got an idea?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^agreed, seemed like they just killed off a black guy to meet the industry quota. Not sure what the point of the hazmat suits were, either, since the labyrinth didn't affect Tripp nor Coulson. Also, what's the chance of Skye shooting Ward in the one place he has armored plating? It was weird how Agent 33 all of a sudden followed Ward once Whitehall died.

Other than that, this season has been pretty good. I wish I knew more Marvel lore to really get excited about the show. It's been entertaining, but not on the level of Arrow, which I think gives plenty of fan service to people unfamiliar with the source material. I hope they mix in more A-list material because that really set this show apart.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Tigra is a popular guess. She appeared to become invisible after she came out of the cocoon, so Naja is another guess. Could be an original character altogether. Given the massive list of marvel characters at their disposal it's hard to pinpoint with what we saw.

I agree, it seemed a pointless way to send him out. I guess they were just going for the cheap emotional ending. Ward was wearing 2 kevlar plates inside his jacket, but Skye shot him from the side, it only caught 2 of them. Agent 33 was brainwashed to follow Whitehall. With Whitehall dead she has nobody to give her orders, Ward was the closest thing to Hydra still alive.

I actually think this season has been better than Arrow. Since the Captain American arc last season this has been my favorite show on network TV. Probably my second favorite overall after Game of Thrones.