1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The black dude they brought in to replace Ward really doesn't seem to be working right now. They should have done something to actually work him in, it feels like he's just "there". Not sure if it's the actor or the writing, but he's even more vanilla (so to speak) than Ward was.

Otherwise the show keeps on trucking, another great episode. The first half even feels better now that they've actually gotten things going. Hope the momentum carries past this arc.

And Chole Bennett is a much better actress than I expected.

2. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

During the lie detector scene to get their lanyards, they revealed that his family history could potentially be quite important. If they do decide to keep his character for next season, I think they'll dive into his development more. Seems like they're trying to resolve the arc between Garrett/Ward and the team first for this season

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

He brings a different spin on the normal everyday thing they have going.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like him
    Esp since the British guys seems a bit jealous of him . ...
    for some reason

He should not be INSTA-PALS with them
    esp after everything that has gone on

this is a time of mistrust and concern

Rocket River

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fitz dislikes him because Simmons showed interest in him not because he might be hydra.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I got that . .. but her interest has not be close to anything romantic
    which is what makes it so funny

Rocket River

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Last episode was "meh" to me. Scherbatsky bringing the military to the formerly secret base was weird as it made her look very weak, IMO. The ease with which Coulson rescued Skye was also disappointing as it made Deathlok look incompetent.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah this last episode was great but decent, I did like Skye interaction with Ward when she outed him, final few episodes should be interesting.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't know Simmons seems to be into black guys. I think it could be a future love triangle.

The show has gotten much better since they've started the Hydra angle. I actually look forward to the episodes instead of feeling its a chore to watch them cuz I'm a Marvel fan

It feels like Ward is somehow going to find his way back to the team, but it would be weird if that happened since he's killed so many people in cold blood

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

It'll be strange if they write off his character, though I wouldn't put it past Joss Whedon to do so.

When's the last time a main character from a show, from the first episode to the last, was written off for storyline purposes, rather than contract / extracurricular stuff? I honestly can't remember.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, he's the grandson of a Howling Commando, iirc. I don't think that's just a throwaway line, so hopefully they will flesh out his character more.

Not that it's too big a deal, but I'm glad they're expanding the diversity of the show a bit, even though they already have Wen and Bennet.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember Joss is not writing this show. His brother and sister-in-law are the ones doing the writing. There is a reason, despite the last few episodes being good, the show as a whole still kind of sucks. Even Ward and "Gunn" turning to the Darkisde was kind of meh because we still, 15+ episodes in, don't really care for any of these characters.

IMO the best characters are Fitz-Simmons and "the lady in the flower dress" Imagine if Fitz or Simmons were part of Hydra. Now that would make for compelling television.

13. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

They could have him die and then use the T.A.H.I.T.I. project to bring him back to life and erase all the memories of his time w/ Hydra so that he thinks he was a loyal SHIELD agent his entire life.

And then all of the current SHIELD folks would have to live/work with this guy when they know the truth and he doesn't.

that would make for an interesting twist and dynamic to the story

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

of course he won't be back on the team. they can't have a team of just white people. Maybe in the 80s u could, but not now. tv rules.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Well May is Asian, and I'm pretty Skye is mixed with a couple things, haha.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I find it unlikely he rejoins the team this season, too quick given the level of his treachery. Most likely they will use his turn back to the good side as a season long story next season, maybe he even dies, but it won't be this season.

This show is a case of the week show by it's nature, hopefully next season once this major arc has settled down the show is still good enough to mix standalone episodes in without falling back to the poor quality of the first half of this season.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Shane/Lori - Walking Dead
    Number of folks in Game of Thrones
    Number of folks in Lost

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I suspect Deathlok will become a member of the team. He would give them the muscle for fighting more powerful foes.

19. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah! They should use the Tahiti project!

Er, wait..

They'll have to use a time machine first ;)

..since the entire facility is completely destroyed and buried under a mountain..

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to the finale. This weeks episode was good. I liked how they've added depth to Garrett. It looks like Skye will become the heavy for the team in the future. The spy stuff was a little corny that stuff that old was more effective than stuff they could acquire today.