1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] House M.D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketFan007, Apr 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

Personally, Shack and Mansion are better shows.

2. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Whatever....Mansion has been sucking since Ted McGinley joined the cast as Chip Douglaston - the fast talking hotshot bank teller. And Shack was cool until Willie Aames signed on as Pally Jensen, the slow-witted, freeloading cottonmouthed neighbor.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Can't say I didn't see this coming. Still, it's an end to a pretty good show.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fox-house-cancelled/?hpt=hp_t3

Fox's 'House' will end this season

Dr. House is hanging up his cane.
    The network will conclude the long-running medical drama House this season.
    “The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years — but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved,” said executive producers David Shore, Katie Jacobs and star Hugh Laurie in a joint statement. “The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.”
    House is produced by Universal Television and the question has been raised in the past if the studio’s sister network NBC would pick up the show if Fox cancels it. Sources say there’s no plans to take the drama to NBC, however, and NBC entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt said last month it was unlikely the network would pick up the show given its age and cost. It also seems rather unlikely a cable network would be able to afford the show.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My viewership slowly declined away to nothing this season. Can only watch the relatively same story lines for so long...

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was a big fan until the last few years. I just fell out of touch with the show the season after he got back from the loony bin. I'll watch the end though...

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

most recent episode was amazing! highly recommend anyone who was/is a fan to watch it

Chase M.D.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This is the first season I haven't watched, but I've been planning on going back and checking it out. The show has slowly fallen off the last few years.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Show gets old... Someone gets sick, the doctors think they know what's wrong, the patient gets worse and worse, House has an epiphany, the patient leaves the hospital after a few pills or a simple porcedure.... That being said, the characters make the show enjoyable.

I'm glad they have the end in sight, rather than just not picking it up at next year. I need closure.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Same here, I was really just watching for the characters just before I quit, and when they started switching them out like crazy, that was it. The formula storyline just gets really old fast, same reason I stopped watching CSI back in the day.

I will tune in for the series finale though.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I think viewership may have declined because they kept having mini-hiatuses. I dreaded the end of every episode: "In FOUR WEEKS, an episode of House you'll never forget..."

Then a month goes by and I forgot everything that happened.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is unfortunate; I think the concept could have lasted much longer even with new actors: just a funnier, more cynical medical show. Honestly, on a network like Fox I don't see how this couldn't have had an ER, Law and Order or even Simpsons-type run. Actually getting more and more miffed about this as I type.

And good God, it made Omar Epps halfway respectable; long way from being chased by Tupac Shakur in an abandoned warehouse!

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I heard it was getting the axe after this year. I r sad. While the show is not as interesting as it once was, it still is more enjoyable than most of the chaff on the television.

The important question: what will Mike Tomlin do in his spare time now?

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not the kind of news I want to read! Dammit! :mad:

I guess the "Terra Nova" second season is looking more likely. "Terra Nova" actually made money even though it is expensive to produce.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hoo boy, that Willie Aames has range. In the first few seasons of Charles in Charge he was like, this cool, slacker ladies-man frat guy; and then in the last few seasons it's like he's Rose Nylund from Golden Girls!

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's got to be Lupus.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn, loved this show. 8 years feels like a long ass time watching a show but it doesn't really feel like its been 8 years since I started watching it. Awesome, awesome show though by Fox.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

2 hour series finale is next week. These last couple of episodes have been real emotional. Still can't believe its about to be completely over.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Gonna miss it. Truly one of the best shows Fox has produced.

19. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Love the show, but it's ran it's course.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I watched every episode through Season 3, but I didn't care for the shakeup in Season 4 and then the writers strike happened, so it kinda lost me. How do the last four seasons compare to the first four? Worth checking out?