1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV FALL 2015] Shows to Watch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Sep 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I'm actually enjoying it. It's better than 90% of sitcoms out there.

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Check out "The Man in the High Castle". If you are a history buff, you'll absolutely love the premise of the show. It's an Amazon original. Only the pilot out right now but the remainder of the season will be out in a month.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If only they put season 3 of The Following on Netflix. It's, by far, one of my favorite shows of all time. Kevin Bacon rocked it.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Anyone watching The b*stard Executioner ? Watched the pilot last night and didn't really think to highly of it .. wondering if it get's any better ? Also does the graphic violence continue ? I have no problem with some of it but prefer not to see children getting their throats slit or people with their insides on the outside

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Minority Report is still ok . . not great but not overly horrible
    but I am hearing it may not be long for the network

Blindspot is getting old quick. It just is not catching on for me.

Rocket River

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Still? It's been out for like almost a year now. It's based on a Phillip K. Dick novel so, yes it's essential!! Pilot was very good..

7. Buck Turgidson

It's Kurt Sutter, so yes you are guaranteed graphic violence, butt sex and his wife's horrific acting. There have been no nostril flares, people asking for "more proof" or to be "made whole", or bro-walks. Yet.

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Made it about half way through the pilot before deciding a) that I really didn't want to put in the effort towards understanding half the accents and b) couldn't deal with another show heavily featuring Katey Sagal.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've already dropped both. Not even Meagan Good's future yoga pants could keep me tuning in to Minority Report. I really hate "creature of the week" shows.

Limitless is fun, but once again, "case of the week"...

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've only watched the first episode myself, and had many of the same thoughts as you seem to have. So I can't answer your question whether it gets better or not.

I don't mind graphic violence, but if that is the only selling point, or really a selling point at all in a non-comedic kind of way, then it isn't a positive for that series.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't mind it as background noise, would have probably been a great satire 10-15 years ago. Niecey Nash had such a bad go of it with that horrific hotel sitcom with Jerry O'Connell and that redheaded guy on Modern Family, even in a bit part it's nice to see her still active. Also I could look at that Persian chick from SNL and Mulaney all day.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Quantico is kind of ridiculous and stupid at times (they don't teach the trainees anything, they're just expected to already know how to profile people, investigate crime scenes, or escape from a pool with their wrists zip tied behind their backs), and they feel the need to pull off a "reveal" every 15 minutes, but it's a legit serial drama and not a "crime of the week" type show so I think it's worth me keeping up with for now.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone watching Blood and Oil? I have 3 episodes sitting on my DVR but just can't get motivated to watch them.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone going to Watch AMERICAN HORROR STORY - HOTEL
    this year?

I caught the first episode
    IT was creepy but they always start off strong . . . .
    they just get weaker and more ridiculous as the season goes on .. . .

Rocket River

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The first episode nearly lost me completely. I decided to finish it the next day. If episode 2 isn't a lot better, I'm done with AHS. The show is over the hill.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm still watching "Limitless". The chick from "Dexter" and this other guy have a nice chemistry. Bradley Cooper is also making multiple appearances. It's probably a first for me where I like all 3 shows on the same station from 7 - 10 pm. I would assume CBS is winning Tuesday night ratings at this point but probably not with "The Voice" on the other channel.

17. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

The last season of AHS was the first time in my life I did not finish a season of any television show. This is coming from the guy who went through 10 years of Smallville because I need to see a show to the bitter end. AHS got so bad.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I consider it similar to PSYCHE
    I don't take it too seriously
    It is a bit fun though

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well. . . . . Looks like it is time to start cutting some shows out.

BlindSpot - it truly has a blind spot. I wonder what POC will be the villian next week. Besides that it is truly boring. I find I could careless who did what to her.

Gotham - I might not outright drop it but it is definitely on the . . . IF NOTHING ELSE IS ON LIST.

Minority Report - Looking at Megan Good IS NICE but her acting is meh . . the other character's acting is meh . . .the only person I am interested to know more about is Agatha.

Limitless - This better start getting better soon . . .it is semi fun . . but not MUST SEE TV - I just remember from the movie . .. and figured out why ole Bradley might need a mole inside the FBI

The Arrow - see Limitless . . . . . no one dies forever . . . .Making Mr Terrific gay is disappointing [OH YEA GET A TWO-FER] . . . . Let's make him less Terrific too . . . . .

Show I liked but never mentioned was PUBLIC MORALS . . .it was ok.

Rocket River

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I know there's a lot of hate for Gotham, but near the end of season 1 and on it started to get pretty good. It's no insane must watch show, but as a huge fan of batman, it's not bad!