1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV FALL 2015] Shows to Watch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Sep 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. what

what Member

Funny, that's the same reaction I have to shows like Parks and Rec, Community and such. "I guess they (parks and rec) were going for comedy," by being pure stupid.

Also, scream queens are any dumber than the average will ferrell joint. Ricky Bobby, for example.

My point is: why do you hate a show that uses the same brand of comedy that I am sure you look, the shows and movies I mentioned above?

I thought scream queens was a fun show and nothing really wrong with it. And of course Emma Roberts is easy on the eyes.

2. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I enjoyed Minority Report. Definitely a lighter take on the movie. I laughed at the Simpsons season 75 playing on the TV. I thought the guy who played Dash did a good job. Maybe I'm just trying to fill the void left by Almost Human being canceled, but I'd recommend you give this one a shot. Of course, Fox may cancel it anyway.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

crap blacklist premiered last night? I thought it was next week. I'll download it later

Anyone catch Heroes Reborn? I plan to watch it later today on my flight to pass the time. Thoughts?

4. what

what Member

I turned heroes reborn off after 20 minutes. Maybe somebody might like it but not me.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Blacklist does not premiere until October 1st.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We watched 7 minutes of Scream Queens and gave up. Didn't think Minority Report was that bad ... Principally because I'm hoping they can make something of it.

Network TV in general is just so bad. It's shocking. They're the cause of their own demise.

7. The_Yoyo

thats what I had remembered seeing but an earlier post said someone saw it last night or maybe I misread it.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nah, that was my bad.

I meant to say I watched Blindspot and wasn't impressed but had just read someone talk about the blacklist.

Blindspot. Not impressed after the first episode.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, It's not that good. The first two hours were disappointing. They didn't seem to learn from the time off. I still remember the first season of Heroes; you get a sense of the stakes. You get none of that here. They were just sort of jumping from character to character for 2 hours.

The previews for up coming episodes look much better though.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Powell was loosening decency standards, then had to ratchet it back after Janet Jackson. Those constraints made redundant sex crime cop and medical shows necessary pretext for showing mature content. Network sitcoms probably died as an art form after Seinfeld, Friends and Frasier, and gave way to reality television once Millionaire and Survivor finished the year #1.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Saw THE PLAYER and I was not impressed

Heroes Reborn was better than the Player but not by much.
    The Haitian scene
    PISSED ME OFF!!!
    Good to see CHUCK back . . . . .in a sense
    Not buying the EVOs on the Run premise . . . .
    it was very vanilla . . .bland . . .. meh

Rocket River

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Heros is still on the fence for me
    Minority Report is growing on me

Limitless is pretty good. . . . Like I told a friend it is like a lot more serious version of PSYCHE

Rocket River

13. The_Yoyo

so far

Quantico - my god I want that hour back. I, like most other south asians, probably tuned in for Priyanka but the show was bad.

Blindspot - I saw the first episode - I am on the fence it wasn't terrible but it seemed too similar to memento to me in some ways. I'll give it a few more weeks to see if it gets better.

Heroes Reborn - Its ok - I'll probably watch this more as a "binge watch" once the season is over and nothing else but re-runs are on. I saw the premiere last week on a flight and saw last night's episode. It hasnt really grown on me in the same way the original did.

I have to still check out Limitless, Minority Report and The Player I'll try to catch up maybe over the weekend.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Saw episode two of Blindspot.

Just bleh.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I kind of liked the premier of Quantico... Don't judge me.

I tried to give Scream Queens another chance... Keke Palmer is pretty funny in it, but I can't watch this anymore...

Sleepy Hollow not as fun as last season.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Watched the pilot episode. This is literally one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen for episodic television. We might as well surrender to ISIS now if the FBI is really as stupid as it is portrayed on this show.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm with you 100%. Someone should tell the writers that there are no female Navy Seals and that individual drone controllers can be locked out of the network that allows drones to communicate with their pilots.

18. The_Yoyo

one of my huge issues with Quantico:

they spend a lot of time in the first episode detailing the rich kid and the mormon guy - probably just as much time on them as all the other supposed main characters for the show. In the end the mormon guy kills himself and the rich kid gets the boot from the academy because he pretty failed everything he was asked to do. Basically a lot of story and time for the premiere was dedicated to two characters that wont be involved anymore in the show like it was almost as if there was filler for the show in the first episode.

this doesnt even begin to discuss the whole twin thing that the recruit somewhat noticed right away in the differences in their mannerisms (one is right/left handed) but somehow that could get pass the FBI.

dont get me wrong i think priyanka is gorgeous but too much about the show just made me get upset - if they had those things like mid season maybe not as bad but in the first episode?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A had a friend that was tuning it for the same reasons
    He was VERY disappointed that within 10 minutes she 'on her back' as he said

I have not watched it . . . .i figured it would be like Rookie Blue which was just bleh

Rocket River

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm on the other side I guess.
    I like that we don't really know who is safe on the show. We don't know if the Mormon guy or the rich guy's back story was filler. Someone in the FBI is either screwing up or letting these people in the FBI. Remember the Black lady was saying the Mormon guy was vetted yet they knew nothing about the underage kid in Africa.

The Mormon guy might not be involved with the show but his death and recruitment might still come back into play. The Rich guy might not be gone.

People have sex. I guess this is problematic for women on screen, but I actually liked how they handled it afterward. She was the one using him in that moment, not the other way around. Her fling comes up again later in the episode. She isn't ashamed that she got the D because it's just sex.

This show is damn silly, but I think it's kind of fun. I'm going to tune in and see how it goes.