1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Had to go back and screenshot this! The moment he said I AM THE LAW!
    [​IMG]

2. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Wow I had to go back and listen and that's why that guy sounded so familiar the first time! I knew I had never seen him before but definitely distinctly Trevor. Nice.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Mike just summed up the first season when he was talking about how people can be criminals and be good or bad just like how there are cops who are good and bad.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I want Mike to explain things I don't understand to me all the time.

5. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Good show. Needs more Tuco and the other dude, less of the freak with the silver blanket.

6. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

And more Mike, knocking out the GTA badass.

7. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Dude, we're not in film class - but The Sopranos are kickass

8. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

That's the way the world works, I guess.

What Mike said reminds me of a story my cop buddy told me. Cars get towed when cops pull over cars for whatever reason; DUI, expired licensed... whatever. When they get impounded, the person handling the paperwork once told him...paraphrasing, "I'm going to walk out of this room and it'll take me about 10 minutes before I come back and take inventoried." My friend knew what that meant and I'm not going to lie... I bought something from him because out of it.

The irony is that someone stole that item from me at a car wash... karma.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Excuse me, babywhatever, but what is it to you if I happen to post frequently in this thread? It happens to be my favorite show- and Breaking Bad is my favorite all-time- I'm not trying to lecture anyone, I just like posting these facts. Very sorry for taking up your precious time.

10. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Dude, it's cool, man- Sopranos is the best show ever. Post more about Tony!

11. dandorotik

No problem- yes, The Sopranos was a terrific show. I have to admit, I haven't watched past Season 4, though- it's one of the shows I have to catch up to. No more lectures, I promise. :grin:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I had to call someone though, for real, it'd be Dick DeGuerin. Not Saul. Saul's bro is right. Cowboy with the machine gun > chimp with a machine gun.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Good stuff.
    Also, the the 2 main mobster characters in that episode were the early day inspirations for Paulie and Silvio. They even reference someone named "carmella" and say "bada bing" a few times.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

2112 poster spotted.

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Pretty boring finale I thought. At least it is setting up a good next season.

#495 Butterfingers, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Very underwhelming finale. That would've been fine as an episode, but honestly expected more for a finale.

17. dandorotik

The main problem I see with this finale is that we didn't know enough of Marco to feel sorry for him. For other characters in BB that this happened to, we could at least feel bad for them b/c they had been in several episodes. The rest of it would have been good for a regular episode. For a season finale, you have to give more.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

what you say is true. although, i feel that most of us know a marco in our own lives, or you are marco.

19. dandorotik

Sure. But we only saw him in a few minutes of an earlier episode. Jane, Crazy-8, Tuco... we saw these characters through 2 or more episodes.

In reality, it's a lot like the season finale of BB, Season 1. Except for Tuco beating that guy to death- again, a character we rarely saw- nothing much happened in that episode, either. WW became Heisenberg in the episode before that,with the fulminated mercury.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is we likely have to wait another year for Season 2 if nothing else happens

Jim about to go bad ass is good enough for me to know at the end.