1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]BBC's Sherlock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the_hustler, Sep 5, 2010.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Great episode from tonight. I liked how they managed to keep the old characters coming back in, even Molly and the woman detective. Also, the scene where Sherlock is thinking in that lecture hall/court room kind of place was awesome.

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Sorry if the image is a bit big, but how drunk Sherlock tries to see a crime scene is hilarious:

[​IMG]

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

great watch! got a really bad feeling about ep3 though.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Excellent episode. Both touching and hilarious.
    i should have known they were gonna tie up the loose threads of the cases mentioned earlier in the speech, but I got distracted by the awkwardness of that speech.

6. Convictedstupid

Link please? I'm bad at googling this type of stuff.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

8. Convictedstupid

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

At the end when Sherlock walked away from the party because there was no one to dance with...

:(

I mean, he even mentioned he loved dancing.

:( :( :(

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Sherlock is getting hosed by the 2 week delay. Why not have it at the same time like Doctor Who on BBC America? I know the BBC has to give exclusivity to UK license holders but people are just going to steal it like every non license holder in this thread has demonstrated.

I would have waited two weeks but by that time everything on Twitter would have spoiled the story.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I wonder if this new season is more MTV because they think they need to compete against Elementary for the US audience? They needn't have bothered. Elementary is just Monk with a facelift and that show was dull.

I hated that scene. I thought it was terribly cheesey.

12. tallanvor

I did find it weird that Sherlock need 7 different laptops sprawled out on the coffee table to talk to 7 different women. You can do that with one computer Sherlock.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

That's fair enough, it was kind of cheesy, but I liked it because it gave a sense of what Sherlock's mind palace kind of looks like, where (surprisingly) Mycroft holds court in conducting ruthless deductions, until Sherlock tells him to shut up and asks John for help to save the life rather than solve the crime.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

What is so MTV about this season so far? I'm liking the character development this season, even if the cases aren't as complex as seasons past.

Elementary can't hold a candle to Sherlock, imo. Sherlock's acting, chemistry and humor are all streets ahead of Elementary. I do respect Elementary for making John and Moriarty women, however.

He's Sherlock. He's different than the rest of us. I'd be surprised if he used only one computer, lol.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

big question from this season. I'm tempted to make a new thread for a poll.

Who is smarter?

• Sherlock
    • Mycroft
    The typical question includes Moriarty, but Sherlock beat him, sooo....it's down to the two brothers. It seems like Mycroft can hang with Sherlock, and is potentially better if he cares to put his mind to it. Mycroft seems interested in other challenges.

16. tallanvor

why isn't Luther Head an option? my answer is Luther Head

17. tallanvor

trailer for the final episode

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xhjIsu7n6bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The death of Mary would seem probable to me.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I guess with that I'd like to say that I've really been enjoying the chemistry between Sherlock and Mary. Like with the folding napkins thing.

It was a good idea to make Sherlock more human that episode rather than more sociopathic.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"he's cluing for looks"

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I would really hate for this to happen, since she was introduced 2 weeks ago.

One thing I hate about the 3 episode season is, if you're invested into a character and that character gets both introduced and written off in that same season, the feeling sucks.