1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Atlanta

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by glad_ken, Sep 6, 2016.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Shut yo mouf (no not really, I like reading your views), Zazie is Queen

I would've imagined she's the type that likes to be eaten while on all four

2. Fantasma Negro

That was the point. Earn has no place to live. At the end of last season when it was discovered that he lived in a storage container, the question was asked, "why doesn't he just stay with his girlfriend/ baby's mother?" Now you know why. If you don't a kid with a woman you're not with then this episode was probably not relatable. But the Earn character knows there's no future with Vanessa but he wasn't ready for her to see that reality, now he's a payer with no place to live. This episode is very important in showing how ungrateful women can be. Even though Earn is paying Vanessa's rent she doesn't respect his business or him overall and is only concerned with taxing him monthly. But like I said, without a point of reference all you see is the restaurant hijinks

3. Fantasma Negro

These episodes were filmed in 2017, he lost the deadpool show two weeks ago so there's no relation to the dejection from deadpool to Atl. This season is just about giving the characters more individuality and identity. We didn't know much about Vanessa last season, now we know she's a lame. Darius was basically just a weed head last season, now we know he's a cultured that originally perceived. And Alfred, Alfred needs to make better relationships. His plug, his barber, the artists he gives features, all need to be addressed lol

Ziggy likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Zazie aka Van will make a comeback of some sorts later. She is more German than @Yung-T breh, dang.

BTW the barbershop ep was fine af. one of the best.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What did you think about the other guy downstairs?

6. conquistador#11

Yeah man I don't see the allure of picking up free stuff at a strangers house for that reason alone.
    Hasn't that been the trait of this show, each of the characters gets an episode to see what a day in their life is like when they're not together.
    I've been liking it more than last season. It's gotten much darker though.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There is a future with Vanessa. In the opening scene, hes eating her out and going to to town. You dont(at least I wouldnt) do that for somebody unless you love them. Also, in the ending scene she knows its not done cause she watches him walk away instead of turning and walking away herself.

You see her being ungrateful but I see it as Ern being too stubborn to change or every now and then do things that she wants to do. All he had to do was put on a fake smile for one day and it wouldve been done with. He was at a festival that Van held in high regard and had been going to since she was a kid. In an early episode Erns dad tells him something along the lines of "your smart but you always gonna do things your way" and this last episode was an extension of that.

ferrari77 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know Deadpool has nothing to do with this season. I'm just saying Glover has slowly turned into a different kind of artist, entertainer, writer. I'm wondering what was happening in his life when he was writing this season's material. When he was on Community he seemed happier more accessible, now he seems more aloof, sarcastic, bored/disappointed with the world around him.

Last season was much funnier, this season has turned into more of a commentary on culture and identity. It's no longer a "sitcom", it's something else.

I didn't get Vanessa being lame from her episode, I think it was supposed to be an episode about how Earn doesn't take their relationship seriously and how he doesn't value her as a person. Van does everything Earn wants to do (they went to the strip club the last episode), but when it's time for her to be in her element, Earn wants nothing to do with it. Van was trying to bring Earn into her world because (she thought) they were in a relationship. Van has no identity outside of being Earn's baby mama. She isn't about that life, not any more. I thought it was also an episode of how difficult it is to be mixed. Society almost forces mixed people to make a choice between their cultures.

I didn't think Darius was just a weed head last season. Pay attention to this dude, He's a genius. Last season, Earn needed money (he didn't specify he needed it quickly however). Darius went to work which culminated in puppies that would net Earn a lot of cash in the future ($5000 this season). It was beautiful mind type stuff and I think an allegory about finance and savings. There have been flashes of his brilliance throughout the episodes.

#148 DreamShook, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  9. Fantasma Negro

Uh bro, when I ****, I ****. That's why you make her take a bath first. Sex is whatever I feel like as long as she says yes. And if you're not making these women take a shower or bathe before you **** them then don't eat em. Otherwise, go to town bro.
    There may be a future with Vanessa and Earn but not this version of Vanessa. She needs to grow up. She needs to show she can do something of value besides hang his kid over his head. She's got a pretentious vibe too, its annoying as ****. Homegirl kinda reminds me of an ex so I'm a bit jaded

donkeypunch likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Beautifully put....I'm pretty sure Darius is an entrepreneur in a couple of ways that will slowly reveal themselves

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the **** are you talking about? She totally supported herself and their kid as a teacher while Earn was homeless. How long has Earn been supporting her? A few months? Jesus.

#151 gifford1967, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    conquistador#11 and fba34 like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This.
    All First Season she was supporting Earn
    She was a teacher. . .. but she still did something stupid
    and lost that job

Earn does alot of stupid but he is a bit of a leech
    His only ways of making money is dependent on others
    Primarily PaperBoy.

as my friends says. .. Earn is a f*ckboi

Rocket River

DreamShook and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

"N-gga, you eatin' chocolate chips?"

Squirtle likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Donald must be lovin playing Earn, dayum.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ern Earned that one!

Rocket River

17. conquistador#11

More proof Drake is indeed 'mexican'.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Teaser Trailer for season 4......

jiggyfly, K mf G and DreamShook like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#159 DreamShook, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The first episode was kind of a necessary story but was not funny or entertaining. IT was sad and depressing.
    The Second Episode was funnier and a bit terrifying
    The Third was back to being just plain Funny to me

Rocket River

GRENDEL likes this.