1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yes they confirmed it on Talking Dead.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so no one picked up on the Beth/Daryl moment?

that was clear to me vs the whole Beth/Carl/new guy triangle.

Beth is a woman now and needs the D

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So of you want everything answer NOW! The purpose of the premiere was to show how the Woodbury people were being integrated into the "Prison" society. Supply runs, community gardens/farm/meals, More kids around and how Carl was different from them. Also, how Rick has changed and for the most part recovered from his "break". It was setup show. They have 15 episodes left.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They showed the pig sick and dying for a reason. And it would just make logical progression to show the pig dying from an unknown cause passing it to someone who had close interaction with it. There was no clue as to why Harry Potter contracted the disease and nobody else did.
    Ebola will cause you to bleed profusely, and by Hollywood standards, that means bleeding from every orifice (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, etc.). It's not confirmed ebola, but that's just the nickname I'm giving it. Like I said above, there wasn't anything that stood out that Harry Potter did differently to get sick.
    Lol, calm down. It's a stereotype and most of my criticism comments are tongue-in-cheek.
    There doesn't need to be answers now, just a logical progression. Here's how they could've integrated the main story plots a little better. The pig is sick. Hershel tends to the pig. Hershel succumbs to a bad fever. Group goes to look for supplies, including medicine. Rick heads into the woods to gather herbs for Hershel when he meets crazy lady. Supply run gets medicine for Hershel, but he still dies and turns into a zombie.

With that rough outline, it brings the three plots together for a main purpose, introduces a new threat, and ends with some emotional impact when someone dies. Instead, I felt the three plots were too isolated and happened just to happen, and extras die just to fill a quota.

5. conquistador#11

I think the series would have been epic if it was a mini series instead of draining the juice of every comic page for 6 episodes.

I'm still entertained.

6. nel00

nel00 Member

I don't think it was the greatest but not a bad episode. We finally saw more zombies and killing of zombies.

I think the water in the prison may be contaminated which caused the pig to die and harry potter to become a zombie or like someone said a new string of the virus since they been more in contact with the zombies along the fence.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Too much flirting going around. Starting to look like the walking twilight.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The episode wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I think it set up the new season pretty good. I don't think killing off Hershel in the first episode would have been good IMO.

Also about this new threat of a virus, remember when Harry Potter approached Daryl thanking him for the deer he caught? Daryl was eating something from a bowl (possibly the dear?), he then licks his fingers and shakes his hand. Harry Potter could have gotten sick from that, but then that raises the question why didn't Daryl get sick too?

I do think the mention of the deer and then the dead deer in the woods has a big significance.

We'll find out soon!

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah, but he and Carol had that same type of moment once she lost her daughter, actually it was more than just once.

But nothing ever became of it. Who knows with this one, could go either way.

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

The episode was okay. I just can't get over the idea that the zombies brought down the roof, but the helicopter didn't. I'm fine with everything else as long as each episode continues to build momentum, which season 3 failed to do most of the time.

I'll keep watching, but I miss Breaking Bad.

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Carl needs to die.

Lol at the crazy lady playing Jeopardy when she was dying.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think this show is better viewed as an entire season over 7-10 days.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or...they are not on your Timeline. You assume they don't have a logical progress. They do have to fill 16 episodes. It is not going to move as fast as you like. That was always the problem with Serialized shows (i.e. Lost), there is money to be made by the Networks and they want a certain number of shows. Most cable shows are 8-13 episodes a season. The Walking Dead has been 13 and 16 for the last 2 season (after 6 the first season).

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if its something in animals they are eating with some members of the group, i.e. main cast, being immune....

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I liked the episode. I especially liked the zombies through the roof, especially the one hanging from his guts and the splats on the ground zombies. I also likes crazy Clara (too bad she was killed off). The show is consistently the best show on TV... which will save Sundays since the Texans are playing so poorly.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Remember that there is always a time jump between seasons, presumably the Winter for obvious reasons.

And what's with Daryl and his emo hair?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think it hurts the show, through no fault of its own, that it comes at the heels of the end of one of the greatest shows of all time. Of course some people will say it's sucked since season 2 but I've been entertained and was fine with last nights episode. Yes the roof thing was stupid but it brought about zombie killing so it's all good.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I knew Zack was dead the moment he was introduced. They needed a segue to develop Daryl and Amy's relationship

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

We don't know that the pig died of the same thing that killed Patrick aka Harry Potter. There ware Walkers with bleeding eyes like Patrick had. How would their disease have infected the pig if the pigs are no where near the walkers? Patrick, on the other hand, probably has pulled some fence duty or come into contact with someone who has and they get covered in Walker juice. I don't think this is ebola either. Maybe it's the walker virus mutating. We don't know what it is yet, but I'm sure we'll find out.

20. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

was not zack the white friend of chris, from the show "everybody hates chris"? i was excited to have him in the show!