1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's just a courtesy I've carried over from many threads long past. I give people about a week to catch up, then it's spoilers-away.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Is no one going to comment on how they had all those shooters with good angles and automatic weapons firing from the roof and they couldn't land a single shot!??!

3. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

What I'm hearing is that was on purpose. They didn't want to kill them. Killing them would ruin the meat. They were herding them towards a bottleneck/trap.

The two allegories that came full circle here are:

1) Not naming the animals you intend to slaughter/eat (e.g. Rick telling Carl not to name the pigs, Terminus dude calling them "Ringleader, Archer, etc...")

2) Setting traps whereby you lure your prey into a predetermined path (e.g. the rabbit trap/noose, Terminus dudes forcing them to the containers)

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

they weren't trying to hit them, they were guiding them into a trap. you don't want your food full of bullets ;)

5. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Also, if you notice when they were running through Terminus, there is a section where there are bullet holes everywhere meaning they have done to numerous times in the past:

[​IMG]

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It has been commented on in this thread prior to your post.

7. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

[​IMG]

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Overall I like what writers Scott Gimple and Angela Kang did with this season in terms of developing the character's back stories.

They did a good job not ruining Michonne's mystique and have still been able to give bits and pieces of information on why she became the ninja assassin she became and how everything went so far south for her.

Bob was also given his brief piece of back-story, as to how he wandered around aimlessly and really didn't care what kind of group he got with when Glenn and Daryl found him, the point was it was anything better than being alone out there.

Hopefully Tyreese and Sasha get more of a build to character. Of course this will have to come with all the mayhem that Terminus provides, but I believe if these two writers stay on board they should get the job done.

Like I said earlier they did a great job outlining story without having to filler episodes with much fodder, at least in my opinion.

9. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

On a side note... I can't help to think, wouldn't bullets actually ricochet in real life? especially at the angle that they shoot at (on top of the building?) when they herd them... I understand it's just a show, but common, there's plenty of time the inaccuracies of action piss me off a little.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I heavily enjoyed the first half. The separation arc seemed an episode or two too long, especially because the payoff was subdued, but it did add character development as Beth and Carol didn't add up much before this season.

I can't complain too much about pacing as the walking dead is all about pacing...

I consider this season stronger than the last one. The previous season relied too much on gimmicky and sometimes illogical plot devices (that we know and love). I didn't like Andrea at all and the Governor was too evil and shallow for me to feel compelled in a character-driven show.

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Not trying to kill them, trying to herd them. I did like how every path that the gang ran through had an 'A' on the exit up until the train car. I wonder how many other paths they had in this place and if they were actually reconnecting the group together.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Thats what I was thinking too

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I assumed Rick was a shell for like... the past 2 seasons I think. Even the Governor beat his ass to a pulp, Michonne had to save him. But it looks like he always had it. He was just setting an example for Carl. With that said, I think we see Rick on steroids for about 8 episodes next season. Then...
    After building him up, my guess is Negan cuts off his hand. I assumed he'd make it out of the series with both hands after the Governor died, but now, seeing how far they took things on the finale... that hand is coming off.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cool. thanks for pointing it out.

somewhat obvious: but do you consider Rick biting someone to death to be an allegory of dying at the hands of cannibals / biters.

I was thinking it merely meant that Rick is back, and he's a survivor. Will do anything to survive (except eat someone).

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Interesting picture that was shot recently but NOT used in the finale...possible season 5?

possible spoiler, plus its very large

[​IMG]

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I think it was meant to be analogous to him turning into a monster.

There is no difference between the walkers and humans anymore.

In that moment, the last bit of his humanity left him.

It's all just mindless, brutal survival.

P.S. I'm not sure why people keep referencing Rick as being "back", he was always a total weiner in my eyes. Team Shane 4evar.

#1036 DonnyMost, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why didn't they touch on what that smart guy knew about curing the disease at all? It was like no one was curious about what the potential cure was beyond just him having the knowledge to cure it and we need to get him to Washington. For that matter, how does the tall, big guy know there is a Washington left to get him to? It's not like he called them up. Glenn didn't even barely give it a passing thought when he heard about it. I guess the CDC experience made Glenn a skeptic?

"This guy's got knowledge on how to cure this thing and what it is."

"Bah...whatever."

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

So many people talk crap about this show on this forum and apparently don't pay attention to it when they watch either.

The shooters were not trying to hit them, Rick even says in the episode they are aiming at their feet.

Do you remember Rick teaching Carl how to set a trap earlier in the episode and how it can lead an animal right where you want it to go?

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

So true, would rep if I could!

And damn I miss Shane too, couldn't imagine how crazy and intense this show would be if he was still on it.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When in Houston, they were in regular talks with Washington via short-wave radio. He was going to talk them through testing the cure. Then they lost contact, so now they have to road-trip it there.