1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why do I keep watching this show? Perpetual dark tragedy with no viewer payoff insight. Just more repeated despair.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The payoff is when Carl gets eaten by a zombie and that's why you keep tuning in.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz at the roof thing. Lulzzzz.

What's with this legacy virus, is it in the comics?

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the season premiere episode did a good job again of establishing a significant time lapse between seasons, further showing them desensitized to the world they are living in.

a world which requires supply runs.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Too much complaining and nitpicking going on around here. Did anyone like the episode besides me? I thought it was a good start to the season and sets up the storyline for the season nicely. Of course, I don't need to overanalyze every little aspect of the episode. Generally speaking, I thought it was a good episode and a natural progression from where the show ended last season to where they are now after 6-7 months having passed.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Agree, too much b****ing in this thread.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought it was solid.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lame for a season premier. That scene with the crazy woman in the woods was lame. The tried to make it dramatic, but we felt morning for that woman and the cheesiness of the scene.

I might be to critical since breaking bad ended not to long ago, and I got my gf into game of thrones and just got her caught up. Might be comparing it to this great shows.

But the season finale and now premiere.... Walking dead is turning... Meh

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There's no need to build that up. We've seen crowds of walkers on the fence. It's not a hard jump to make. As I said, that time spent on those scenes could better be used to elaborate on a bigger plot, such as Michonne heading solo in search of the Governor or having Herschel, the veterinarian, tend to the pig.

I know they need supplies, but these runs can be off screen like Daryl hunting. The supply run served no purpose to the plot other than introducing paratrooping zombies and killing off Carl's love triangle but saving the black guy. (I thought the brother always dies first in the movies, and why wasn't he looking at malt liquor instead?)

Now that's something that could make sense. But then how did Harry Potter get infected? He had no exposure to anything different. Is it not contagious? If so, that introduces another directorial deus ex machina where anybody can keel over and become a zombie. It would've made more sense to have Herschel tend to Miss Piggy, become infected, and die, and it would've had some impact to the premiere. Instead, Harry Potter dies from a cold shower and young Owen Wilson bites the dust (get it? Because he was bitten, and left for dead in the dust when the helicopter crushed Big Lots, I mean Big Spot) and poor Beth won't shed a tear. :(

Poor Beth can't find love, either. That's her second BF to die. But that opens the door for another attempt at a Carl x Beth pairing, however weird that may be considering the actors' ages. If that happens, let's hope Beth's curse stays true.

10. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

This! I think most felt the same way. Had this been ep3 or 11, it would've been a quality episode. For a season premier?! I agree that BB has spoiled us.

Guess I need to start watching GoT. Question for watchers of GoT; I'm not a fan of shows/movies with the medieval setting, should I stay away from this?

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Been spoiled by breaking bad. This show is terrible now.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Thinking about it again, they did zoom in on that ebola walker on the fence twice, and Harry Potter died in the same way (did the pig die with blood streaming down its face, too?). So the directors are clearly trying to introduce a new sickness. Now, how do they connect the dots?

13. MoonBus

I think they are also using those scenes to establish that the new people have adopted to killing walkers. So that when **** hits the fan, it is so much scarier because these are not helpless individuals.
    Do you really prefer seeing Herschel tending to the pig?

They need to meet their zombie kill quota, where else are they going to do it? Next episode is going to be in the cell with the Harry Potter kid. The brother doesn't die here, because they need an alcoholic. They didn't want to introduce another white guy to be the drunk (Carol's ex-husband). ;)

But isn't that the scary part, not knowing how one can contract the virus? You seem to be infatuated with the pig, care to have another thread discussing this? :grin:

I suspect the young girl who talked back to Carl might be Carl's new love. IMHO, Carl & Beth pairing just doesn't work.

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

It's no Breaking Bad, but its a good show

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

WTF? BIGOT? Racist? Most blacks don't drink Malt liquor ASS hole.

16. MoonBus

Hmmm... I didn't catch that. I was wondering why they were focusing on that zombie. Is ebola supposed to give you those bug eyes? So, the scene where he shakes hand with Daryl after Daryl sucked/licked his own fingers is suppose to meant that the HP kid doesn't care about cleanliness and that is how he got infected?

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

They need to fire all of the writers of The Walking Dead and hire Breaking Bad writers to take their place. I watched some of the older episodes during the Walking dead marathon and I was surprised at how poorly written these characters were.

Compared to BB, TWD is clearly a substandard product. Walking Dead is some tepid off brand generic cola, BB is classic coke.;)

At this point this show is a 7.5 at best, it should easily be a 10 or 11! They got the right premise, they just havent executed properly.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Tangent:

GOT isn't really a medival style show, I was worried about the same thing since I've never been a big fan of fantasy but it's really well done and engrossing.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I liked it.

I'm sure the sickness between Harry Puto and the Pig will be explained within the upcoming episodes. I mean they ended the show with him coming back as a zombie so there's no way they won't elaborate on how he became a zombie without getting bit or shot or stabbed.

What was in random woods ladies bag? Her baby? I was distracted by real life kids and wife during that sequence.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I assume it was her husband's zombie head.....